Tuning/electrical issue

94venomV8

Established Member
Ok guys im trying to get my car finalized and on the road, for some reason though im having stupid issues like i knew i would. Ok heres the deal. I send my chip in the mail to get tuned for my new motor, everything as of me sending the chip off is good and working. I get the chip back and go to turn it on and my theft light blinks fast nothing happens. 1. Theft system was supposed to be turned off but whatever. So i email the tuner and tell him. He says its not the tune and that i may have plugged my chip in with the key on. That didnt happen, my car didnt even have the battery hooked up nor the key in when i put the chip back in. So what would cause this. As usual "it cant be the tune or chip" it has to be my fault! Well its not rocket science and the car worked withthe old tune and not with this one. Anyone have any checks i can do to eliminate possible problems? Thanks

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
With the battery unhooked, I'd pull out the chip, spray electrical contact cleaner on both connectors, reseat the chip in the PCM and try it again. Good luck.

KCRN12

Established Member
Just curious, but why would you mail off your chip to someone to have it tuned, rather than get it tuned local? There's no way I'd send a piece of my PCM through the mail. But that's just me.

94venomV8

Established Member
Just curious, but why would you mail off your chip to someone to have it tuned, rather than get it tuned local? There's no way I'd send a piece of my PCM through the mail. But that's just me.

No tuners around me and I didn't mail it off for a final tune, it is a break in tune to get the motor running correctly to take it to the dyno for final tuning.

pats is on

Tuner says it is turned off and stated that the light will still blink with it off.idk

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
What brand tuning software did he use? Bet its Delta Force ( old name - Sniper)
BTW, does the blinking light stay on or goes out after a few minutes?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
It is an SCT chip. And so far I've only let it blink for about15 seconds and it didn't stop I can do it longer and let you know. The tuner says all he can do is turn the VIN code security off? Does anyone know what problems this could cause?

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
With the Delta Force software the theft light blinks for about 3 minutes and then goes out whether the the theft is turned on or off. Other than that, idk.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

94venomV8

Established Member
Ok here is an update. I unplugged the chip, to see if the theft system blinked the same without the chip and it does. The tuner tells me that there could be an ECM problem with it then. How could the ECM go bad from sitting in my car with no power to it? And also is there anyway to check the ECM if it is bad? Lastly, if it is bad I need a new one anyone know a good place to buy one? I need one with the AOL3 code on it.

Users who are viewing this thread