Turbo 4.6 dohc e85 stroker build

ia96svt

Established Member
So here’s my first post worthy build and from what I've read/seen should make decent power, and I will try and post pics as I go should be kind of interesting. Should be on the road in a month or so, this is my first real forced air build so suggestions are very welcome.
Short block consists of
288_zps1e229b35.jpg
• 96 teksid .020 over
• Arias -17cc forged pistons
• Eagle forged stroker crank main journals .20 undersized with Honda rod journals
• Eagle forged h beam rods with arp 2000 bolts
• Total seal stainless rings
• Clevite h series rod bearings and king mains
• Arp main studs and arp side bolts
• Livernois oil drain back kit with
• Canton oil pan and modified windage tray
IMG_0752_zps92c9c598.jpg

Heads that are being used are 2001 navigator heads port matched to cobra r intake ports and being ported by mmr as we speak (should be shipped out Wednesday but who knows they have given me 3 different ship dates and haven’t met one yet) using comp cams springs and retainers.
Cams are still undecided. Have several sets 2 comp cam n/a sets and a set or 01 cobra cams

pre ported navi heads on the right ported 01 cobra heads in the left
283_zps0935b3e2.jpg

Intake is a RoushYates carbon topped intake with oval Accufab throttle body with cobra r intake ports
282_zps0f27a3d6.jpg

CG Fabrication front mount turbo header will be holding a 76mm turbo undecided what brand most likely a Turbonetics.
turbo not actual turbo or down pipe being used
turbo_zpsdff553fe.jpg

ia96svt

Established Member
When they called they said it would be 14 days. i called back at 14 days and they said they should be done in a day or two. called back in a week, talked to the shop manager he said they were started and should go out yesterday, called back yesterday they should be done tomorrow but don't worry they advertised 7-10 day turn around online so the 40 some days it's taking, they said they will ship they faster then normal.

Noreast

Established Member
Going to be a beast! Id look into those comp cam springs. Correct me if im wrong but ive heard they break and are weak. Just do a search im not sure it they were comp springs or other ones. Good luck cant wait to see final numbers

ia96svt

Established Member
Going to be a beast! Id look into those comp cam springs. Correct me if im wrong but ive heard they break and are weak. Just do a search im not sure it they were comp springs or other ones. Good luck cant wait to see final numbers

i sure hope shes a beast I've been collecting parts for 2 years now to do this. and i haven't read anything about the springs and hope its not true ha don't need another setback.

Where are you positioning your wastegate? Looks like its going to be nasty car when your finished. Best of luck!

i haven't decided where its going yet. I was going to wait till the motor has all the accessories on it and go from there i have a Tial MV-R with a weld on bung to do the job tho.

That intake is sexy.

Should be a quick car when its all done! Nice build!

thanks, i love these intakes just worried its overkill with the heads.

Prototype007

Established Member
Awesome build!

MMR gave me the run around for months when I ordered imrc deletes and a front coilover kit. So you're not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread