Turbo MachI VS 2.76 04 Mystic's

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
LiquidStang said:
I'm with you guys.....I don't see an auto making up that much of an advantage unless those guys couldn't shift....maybe his dyno is at 8psi, but he turned the boost up for the video. :dw:

it was a great race, on my 1st run the rev. limiter kicked in at 6100 rpm going to my 3erd gear , that was confusing & i was only seeing 13 psi, eitherway its one quick turbo mach which im pretty sure i wouldnt have caught up, props to your computer generated turbo car!!. it was one hell of a computer generated race, see ya' martin in the rematch time to get sneaky!!!!

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Good video but I hate when people film the mirror when they are pulling away, just point the camera back!

Mach 1 did good!

having the windows up cuts out the wind noise in the camera. deal with it.

why'd you go with an iron block in the Mach?

MightyMach

Established Member
TomBoJangles said:

I figured since there was proof in how much hp a Cobra block/internals could hold I figured it wasn't a bad route to go. There are alot of whipple/kb/eaton Cobras Making over 500+/600+ with their stock blocks where I'm from, so I went with what works. Once again thanks for the compliments everyone.

Martin

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:

Ummm, you can point the camera back with the window up, I always seem to manage to do it but whatever mr film king.

Predator03

Banned
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Good video but I hate when people film the mirror when they are pulling away, just point the camera back!

Mach 1 did good!

The G forces in both cars held me back...lol
Actually the seat belt was all up in the way.
I thought the film was great and put together well.

Ebert said TWO THUMBS UP!!

Nobody

Banned
Did you dyno through an unlocked torque converter? I lost 20rwhp with my 3600 stall unlocked on motor, but I gained about .3 in the 1/8th. I constantly dyno lower than my friends cars, but I'm usually always the fastest. Dyno numbers don't mean shit.

Supersixx

Established Member
Hey Martin isnt your car still running on a safe /street tune? I havent spoken to you recently about it....is it still at 7 psi and do you still plan on going with the 14 psi?

Sweet races. Good job John.

MightyMach

Established Member
Supersixx said:
Hey Martin isnt your car still running on a safe /street tune? I havent spoken to you recently about it....is it still at 7 psi and do you still plan on going with the 14 psi?

Sweet races. Good job John.

Actually your right, it is on a very safe(8psi) tune. Since I had just put in the new tranny when Murillo was dynotuning the car they did not want to over do it and make the "breaking in of a new tranny" broken. I'm getting a little anxious and While I am trying to wait till I get a built rearend to up the boost I might just go boost first and really open up that wastegate for some massive turbo power :pepper: Thanks for asking Riley.

Martin

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Well, we've already seen an Evo beat a Cobra with 60+ more hp, so it's possible for a Mach to have beaten a Cobra despite its 68hp "disadvantage". Plus don't forget the "driver" mod. ;-)

Autos usually won't win any dyno queen awards anyway. But an auto with a good setup can perform better than the hp #s it puts down.

All in all, great vid. :beer:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Wow...

Great runs. Very impressive. The cars, the people racing....Cool to see "Friendly" races. Wish everyone could be good sports like this. Not all street racers are shmucks...

Props Martin...

-N

Last edited:

MightyMach

Established Member
Thanks Pablo and Nino,....Rich and Mike are badass guys and some true street racers, ready for a race...win or lose!....there are no excuses from either corner, The way it should be. Just a couple of racers trying to have some fun on the street!

Martin

1bad306ci

What the problem is?
Established Member
yeah the Mach may not have the numbers but its definitely quick...i was riding shotgun on the 2nd runs with "Glacius" and once boost is up that car puts u in the seat....but like that one guy said autos may not win any dyno contests they sure do perform well....and yeah the Mach is only at 8psi but its got the foundation for much more boost thats soon to come....

Fosters

Established Member
apex632 said:
now that i've been thinking about this for a lil while. imma say to things. i don't see how the mach beat both cars. unless it has more hp then was stated. cause quite honestly..440rwhp with what he has..is very very shitty. a stock mach 1 with an hp kit makes over 500rwhp at about the same psi.

a stock mach1 with an HP kit pushing 500 rwhp is running on borrowed time... this guy's block will easily hold up to a lot more power...

Sp3nis said:
without internals forged rods and pistons hed go boom with more then 8....

he does have a forged bottom end.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread