TVS 2.8/4lb lower ?

D-MANN

Established Member
Has anyone run this on a stock engine? I have 1-5/8 mac longtubes and with a 3/4lb combo i make 20psi. Can i safely run 2.8/4lb combo without over spinning the blower?VMP site recommends that combo for built stroker engines but i doubt it would make over 22 boost where im at. I was thinking 2.8/4lb tuned on vp109 and have for track only use. I also have 1-7/8 ARH longtubes i could install. Any ideas how much more boost that would drop it from 1-5/8ths?

YGETV8

Established Member
Well, if it was after Nov 11th I could tell ya! I'm going back for another dyno session and installing my 2.8 that I machined grooves in. Sounds like our combos are very similar at the moment.

greenflash00

Established Member
I may try this as well but I'm going to wait and see how the next dyno tune goes first. I'll be adding ARH longtubes and 3'' xpipe in the next week or so and will be going to a 3.2/4lb on 93 and 3.0/4lb on e85. Hoping for around 22lbs on e85 but it may not get that high.

cj428mach

Established Member
I may try this as well but I'm going to wait and see how the next dyno tune goes first. I'll be adding ARH longtubes and 3'' xpipe in the next week or so and will be going to a 3.2/4lb on 93 and 3.0/4lb on e85. Hoping for around 22lbs on e85 but it may not get that high.

Its going to make a lot of heat but should work fine. I plan to run the same combo from time to time once the 4lb caged lower is done.

Users who are viewing this thread