UFC listens to fan grumblings...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Go figure... A sports organization that actually listens to the fans in regards to proposed sporting events. Maybe this will encourage MMA fans to get online and voice their opinions on matchmaking and venues. Here's a snippet followed by the link to the full story:

"Vitor Belfort has signed with the promotion and will headline UFC 103 in Dallas on Sept. 19 against Rich Franklin, the UFC announced. Belfort was set to face Jorge Santiago at Affliction’s Aug. 1 show after picking up two impressive wins at middleweight inside the promotion. Belfort will face Franklin at 205 pounds. The UFC had originally announced Franklin would rematch Dan Henderson on the card but switched plans because of fan backlash, UFC President Dana White said."

The Weekly Wrap: July 25 - July 31

holtsch

Established Member
I think you mean 185. Belfort looked really good against lindland. I think franklin will be overwhelmed if he tries to stand with vitor.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I just quoted the article. I'm not a reporting source. I think they are going to quit having these catch-weight thingy's with Franklin. He's moving up to 205 and I heard the only reason he had a catch fight weight with Wandy was due to him moving down to 185. Met in the middle. I dunno. I'd think the UFC would want one fighter or the other to start picking up fights in an actual weight class so that heirarchy could be established.

Blown 89

Established Member
That's a good move IMO. Joe Silva almost made a huge mistake giving us Franklin v. Henderson II. This way Franklin can test himself once again against someone who was once at the top and is showing promise and Belfort has the chance to keep climbing his way back up to the top. It's a win win for both fighters as opposed to a win lose with Hendo. Now if only the UFC would listen to the fighters grumbling about taking it up the ass we'd be set.

holtsch

Established Member
Middleweight is 185. What do you mean?

Reread your original post. What are you talking about? You mention middleweight and then state their fighting at 205 which is light heavyweight. what are YOU talking about?

Either way......Franklin was fighting at 185 and belfort moved down to 185...i'd like to see belfort fight silvia....or better yet.. see silvia move up to 205 which is more like his normal weight anyways and fedor cut a few lbs to get to 205.....

a shame to see belfort move back up to 205. I think he'd dominate the middleweight class in the ufc.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Reread your original post. What are you talking about? You mention middleweight and then state their fighting at 205 which is light heavyweight. what are YOU talking about?

Either way......Franklin was fighting at 185 and belfort moved down to 185...i'd like to see belfort fight silvia....or better yet.. see silvia move up to 205 which is more like his normal weight anyways and fedor cut a few lbs to get to 205.....

a shame to see belfort move back up to 205. I think he'd dominate the middleweight class in the ufc.

First off it's Silva and second Fedor would never cut down. He's comfortable at that weight and he's already dominant as a small HW. He would destroy the LHW class.

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member

someone is easily confused :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread