Un-Hook Disable Supercharger

03yellow

Established Member
Is there a way to unhook or disable the supercharger so that the car will run without issues or problems?
My son will be driving the car for a while.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
I do trust my son. As a parent I have found that trust is something you earn.
A responsible parent dosent turn a 17 yr old loose in a 500rwhp sports car and expect him to be able to handle the car or the temptation. I have let him use the car i'n the past but this would be for a longer period of time.

if you don't trust your son driving it why let him drive it at all?

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
what type upper pulley is it? If its a billetflow just call and order his 3.65 ring. this will take a good 40-60rwhp away from the car.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Currently I have a 2.80 billet flow quick change. Think I have a longer belt too or I can remove the idler tension pulley and get some more slack. Good ideal. I didnt know that had a ring that large. Thanks
what type upper pulley is it? If its a billetflow just call and order his 3.65 ring. this will take a good 40-60rwhp away from the car.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Currently I have a 2.80 billet flow quick change. Think I have a longer belt too or I can remove the idler tension pulley and get some more slack. Good ideal. I didnt know that had a ring that large. Thanks

Itll need a 1/2 to 3/4" larger belt to fit.

03yellow

Established Member
Was thinking the same thing. But I currently run higher boost levels; I run thru 11-14 pounds on my way up thru the boost.9
The only reason I would see it that I would run lower boost at higher Rpms with the new bigger upper pulley. I have a couple of old tunes saved one with 12 lbs of boost and one at 14lbs. Currently making 17 lbs of boost
Will you need to retune?? New pulley=Lower boost

03yellow

Established Member
What makes Eaton Engage

What control tells the supercharger to kick i'n.
You have to push down on the gas peddle further to make it engage.... TPS?

Users who are viewing this thread