UPDATE : 2.8/Amazon Tune very disappointing numbers....

87FOXGT

Established Member
Hey guys, for those of you that didnt see the original thread go here....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118845&highlight=87FOXGT

In a nutshell, I dynoed the car with the mods listed below and pulled only 403/427.

Here is the UPDATE.....

Sent Rick at Amazon my factory tune and he rebuilt a tune based off of that from scratch.

Updated SAE numbers are 459/457 :) So i guess the problem was all in the original tune. Now what exactly the problem with the first retune was i am not sure, but sufficed to say gaining 56rwhp and 30 rwtq from a reflash is enough to tell me the first tune was off.

So there ya have it guys, my snake is now where it should be thanks to rick and amazon. Just wanted to say thanks again rick for your help i am happyi got the car right before i have to put it away to go to iraq. Thank you again.

Oh and anyone that may be interested, I am gonna post my latest 1/4 times in my vert in the timeslips forum. :) I was very happy with my results tonight to say the least :):):)

:beer:

trey193

Established Member
Glad you got it ironed out. Next time make a phone call and speak with the vendor rather than lashing out in a post. Not very professional !:nonono:

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by trey193
Glad you got it ironed out. Next time make a phone call and speak with the vendor rather than lashing out in a post. Not very professional !:nonono:

I didn't see where 87FOXGT lashed out at anyone. He was looking for advice from fellow SVTPers. He got lots of advice, worked with the vendor, and got his problem resolved. Everyone's happy.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think his original post was very positive. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. He had a problem and was asking for input. If anything, he stated in the original post that he has a lot of faith in Amazon. Don't see where he is lashing out at Amazon. ??

P.S. to 87FoxGT - Glad you got your problem solved. Rick comes through again! :)

87FOXGT

Established Member

No offense but did you even bother to read through the whole original thread?? Several times i say i have faith in rick and amazon, yes i say i am frustrated, as anyone would be, but in no way was i pointing blame or saying anything negative. And this thread explains exactly why. Rick did what it took to get my car to where it should be at, so I posted this to make sure people know that he is a good guy to deal with, in addition to CobraBob and others that asked me to update them once i had it sorted out.

So next time take the time to read and comprehend whats written before making ASSumptions about whats been said. ;)

And thanks guys for the help previously, I am definately happy with the car now, especially after the times i ran last night and the 120 trap i put up in 80 degree 100 humidity weather :)

:rockon:

So a big thumbs up to Amazon! :)

trey193

Established Member
YEah nothing looks bad about this threads title.:nonono: Hell some may never read this post but see its title in the forum, what do you think the first thing that comes to their mind? Like i said glad its ironed out but the title of this thread is BS in my mind and others as well. :rolleyes:

87FOXGT

Established Member
YEah nothing looks bad about this threads title.:nonono: Hell some may never read this post but see its title in the forum, what do you think the first thing that comes to their mind? Like i said glad its ironed out but the title of this thread is BS in my mind and others as well. :rolleyes:

Do you need a WAAAAAAAAAmbulance?? :rollseyes

If you look at the title and dont bother to read the thread, then youre a dumbass to make assumptions about what the situation may be. :kaboom:

So go :cryying: somewhere else

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I tried hard, but I can't resist...

When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME. [quoted from Dick Van Dyke in the Dick Van Dyke show].

trey193

Established Member
Many do assume and it just looks bad in the Forums thats all end of story. I have said my peace hopefully this post dies so noone gets the wrong idea of your iresponsible title. Nothing disappointing about my 2.80/ Amazon tune results. Maybe 87Fox needs to get back into Fox bodys or something.:beer:

Last edited:

87FOXGT

Established Member
Many do assume and it just looks bad in the Forums thats all end of story. I have said my peace hopefully this post dies so noone gets the wrong idea of your iresponsible title. Nothing disappointing about my 2.80/ Amazon tune results. Maybe 87Fox needs to get back into Fox bodys or something.:beer:

nothing disappointing about mine either :thumbsup:

TTT for all the people that will read the thread title and be dumb enough to instantly think amazon = bad without reading the thread :thumbsup: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread