Valve Cover paint bubbling

13Shelby

Established Member
Has anyone seen the blue finish on their right valve cover bubbling near the oil filler? No cleaning chemicals have been applied to the engine in any way since I purchased the car 9 months ago, it currently has 3400 miles on the clock. I plan to pay a visiit to my dealer and present a warranty claim in the near future. Any ideas?
img0824800x600.jpg

Last edited:

13Shelby

Established Member
Valve Cover Finish Bubbling

Here's another picture of the offending Rt Side Valve Cover. I don't get it. :shrug:
img0823800x600.jpg

13Shelby

Established Member
The Bubbling of the finish gets worse

So the bubbling blue finish on the valve covers continues to get worse. Fortunately my dealer has ordered a replacement part under warranty, now we'll see how long it takes to get the new one.
ez5u.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Looks like they weren't properly prepped or outgassed before going to PC, glad the dealer is taking care of it for you. Bobs has full in house powder coating and hydro-graphics, if you or anyone needs anything done feel free to PM or email me [email protected]

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, def. looks 100% warranty.
On a side note, is your oil cap f'ed up too in first pic?
-J

13Shelby

Established Member
New Valve Cover - Damaged !!

So I had my dealer replace the defective valve cover. Unbelievably, the SVT "heavy line" technician damaged the new cover finish during installation and didn't mention it to the advisor. I, however, noticed it immediately, since the damage was on the front face of the cover right next to the thermostat housing which was probably hit in the process. Really? Did the tech actually think I wouldn't notice the chip? Furthermore, I reset the "B" trip odometer at drop off and found at pick-up that he (someone) managed to burn a 1/2 gal of gas during a 2.1 mile trip going somewhere? Dealer = Fail :cuss:
0tvv.jpg

91z28350

Established Member
True, but as soon as they turned on the key wouldn't the system re-pressurize the lines, drawing fuel from the tank? Even drag racing I cannot use a half tank in 2 miles.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Powder wasn't cured properly. Nothing to do with the prep.

Glad the dealer is taking care of it for you.

Myfast70

Established Member
True, but as soon as they turned on the key wouldn't the system re-pressurize the lines, drawing fuel from the tank? Even drag racing I cannot use a half tank in 2 miles.

It was down 1/2 gallon and the rails certainly don't hold 1/2 gallon worth of fuel. Hell, even the entire fuel line setup from tank to rails still doesn't equate to 1/2 gallon. I would be livid that someone drove the car, especially if you specifically asked for it not to be drive :fm::cuss::mj: I'm sure the excuse was that they needed to "test drive" after the repair to check for codes

Users who are viewing this thread