Vapor Lock Problems?

99chitownsgt

student-always learning
Established Member
Vapor lock problems living in north?

Was wondering if any of you guys that live in the Northern States has had a problem with the car bogging out after it has run for a while on a hot day. Its almost like its not getting any fuel while im driving it, usually after about an hour of straight driving. I was told that there was a bulliten from Ford saying that the mustang has problems in northern states because of an additive in the fuel and its caused by vapor lock. Ford also says there is no fix for it either.

I've had this problem for a while now but it seems to get worse every year.

Also if I shut the car off and then turn it back on it runs fine for a few more minutes. :shrug:

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Check your gas cap. I have had a bad gas cap cause an issue like that on one of my cars. When it would happen (stuttering and just not running right), you could open the gas cap and hear air swooshing into the vacuum in the tank. Then it would run fine. could be a simple fix for ya.

99chitownsgt

student-always learning
Established Member
yeah i'll try and replace it and see what happens. When the problem starts to happen in my car I give it gas and nothing happens, but it stays at the same rpm but no increase then while im driving i shut it off and turn it back on and its fine, at least for a few more mins.

Users who are viewing this thread