Video experts....need to compress an AVI file

tvguy

I figure it can't help asking here. I know there are some pretty good video/editing people. To make a long story short, I recorded some video on VHS. Lame I know, but haven't hooked up the DVD burner to the satellite yet. So then I burned the VHS tape to the DVD+RW recorder. I then converted the DVD+RW file to AVI. It took a bit but finally works on my computer with both Realplayer and Windows Media Player. The problem is, is that the guyon the video wants to upload the file to his website. As it stands now, the conversion to AVI created a 400MB AVI file. It is obvously HUGE!!! And the video is only 4 1/2 minutes long!! I have searched the web for compression utilities, and have tried a few with no success. Again I'm trying to compress a 400mb 4 1/2 minute video down to a size where someone can upload it to their website. I can upload the video to "yousendit.com" if someone could compress it. But again it's big. Virus free of course and less than 5 minutes long. But damn, there must be an easy way to compress an AVI file down??? I am pulling my hair out at this point!!! Thanks for any advice.
pacotaco

Users who are viewing this thread