Video of my new-used 2003 Z06

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Everyone else around here is getting a Z06 so I figured I would, too! Its just a short vid to show my exhaust and speedo. I love the car, but it sure isn't a KB Cobra in the straight lines! The metallic rattle is a little ring on the shifter that was loose. I cant seem to get away from wheelhop :(

Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vApfrOJHoXk"]YouTube - jdrake19's 2003 Z06 Exhaust and Speedometer Film[/ame]

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
your shifting to early in the vids.. they zo6s like to be shifter right before limiter at 6500 for best performance...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
How do you like having to push the clutch in before you cut off the car?

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

CraZee, The camera was in front of my tach and I was judging RPM's via the HUD and I couldn't really see what the numbers were lol.

Stopsign, I do?

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Nice car, sounds great. I think everyone is switching becuase the Z06 really is a better car all around.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
nice! 03 anniversary>all.

You 03 cobra guys know what I mean :)

And you don't have to push the clutch in when you cut it off, some people do to make less drivetrain noise.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
You haven't heard the rattle when you cut off the car without the clutch pushed in?

Yeah I just thought that was part of owning a Chevrolet! :lol:

When I was making the exhaust video part I made sure to cut out the part when I killed it. LOL Thanks for the tip!

Yeah Anniversary Edition FTW (even though it doesn't make a differece)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Yeah I just thought that was part of owning a Chevrolet! :lol:

When I was making the exhaust video part I made sure to cut out the part when I killed it. LOL Thanks for the tip!

Yeah Anniversary Edition FTW (even though it doesn't make a differece)

Push in the clutch when you turn the key off. The sound will completely go away. ;-) And yes....that is part of owning a Chevrolet. Made like a pile but good gawd will they ever roll out! :burnout:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Push in the clutch when you turn the key off. The sound will completely go away. ;-) And yes....that is part of owning a Chevrolet. Made like a pile but good gawd will they ever roll out! :burnout:

LOL thanks a million, man. Now maybe my wife will stop freaking out everytime I kill it! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son-in-law has a 2006 Z06, so I understand why you like yours so much. The Z and the Terminator are very different, and not everyone will like one or the other. Enjoy yours. It really sounds nice! :)

Users who are viewing this thread