water filtration or some kind of blow dryer

tombo9876

Established Member
I'm trying to keep water spots off of my cobra. I am considering either getting a water filtration system like the CR spotless water system, or something like the master blaster. I have well water, just FYI. Which would be better at eliminating water spots and better for the car overall? Thanks!

Wildman113

Established Member
I would definitely look into a water filtration product. Can't go wrong with purified water, better for washing and drying because there are little to no contaminants and minerals.

Mr. Clean used to make a water spot free car wash kit that had a water filtration system in it, it was very affordable and apparently worked very well. But unfortunately, its been discontinued, as have the replacement filters for the existing kits.

MIAdragon

Have you seen my stapler?
Established Member
Pick up some sort of blow dryer. Ive used a leaf blower for years with great results. It quickly dries the car and the best part is it leaves NO swirl marks.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have the largest CR Spotless system and it does deliver a spot free dry. But I still use a Waffle drying towel. Even the CR filtered water can pick up dirt from the air and leave "spot" if you let it dry on it's own.

And I have a tip for anyone buying the CR type filtration system. Get a small pre filter filled with the same resin. It makes the CR filter's resin last many times longer. I replace the resin in the pre filter every third rinse and it saves the resins in the CR so it lasts several years. Plus, I use the filtered water for the final rinse only.

Here's a source for the pre filters.

Info Does “Soft” Water Assure a Spot-Free Car Wash? – Pure Water Products, LLC

The filter Garden Hose Filters – Pure Water Products, LLC

The filter you want to order is the FC024 caution softener cartridge. And don't waste you time trying to re-energize the resin by soaking it in salt water. It doesn't work, or at least it didn't for me.
I am researching a source of the resin in 25 and 50 pound drums at a way lower price than CR charges and cheaper than any source on E-bay.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Are they really worth it? I mean I'm wanting to get one but, trying to justify it. I never had that much of an issue before..and I have a blow dryer now...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a very expensive water softener on my house. when they installed it I had them put a spigot on it so I can wash my cars with soft water. unfortunately with the water restrictions we have been under washing the car has not happened at the house. so I pay to have it detailed and then keep it under wraps unless I take it out to a show.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
The filter you want to order is the FC024 caution softener cartridge. And don't waste you time trying to re-energize the resin by soaking it in salt water. It doesn't work, or at least it didn't for me.
I am researching a source of the resin in 25 and 50 pound drums at a way lower price than CR charges and cheaper than any source on E-bay.

Damn, I have the same setup with no issues, I can tell after I charge the filter. Do you think You might have got a bad one?

Users who are viewing this thread