Water or antifreeze/water wetter? What's the best liquid for the supercharger IC?

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
I just wanted to find out what you guys are using in your supercharger cooling circuits. I've been using water wetter and water with a little bit of antifreeze but I must have air in the lines otherwise I don't know why else would be foaming up so much and bubbling.. When the tank lid is open, you can really see it and I think it's causing heat transfer problems not working well enough.. I also have a Killer Chiller installed, so I want the best heat transfer possible.

So what liquids are you guys using in your intercooler systems?

Thanks

SVTRAT

Banned
Too much water wetter will make it form. You dont want it too wet....NO HOMO

During summer, i ran straight distilled water. Winter regular antifreeze.

Attaus

Established Member
Water is the best option to transfer the most heat.. since you're in CA I don't think freezing will be an issue so I would skip the antifreeze and replace it with an additive, such as the Amsoil ^^

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
Cool, thanks for the ideas fellas'.
I did have LOTS AND LOTS of foaming, but I had put in 2 bottles of WW in my system, and it was really bugging me, so thanks. I'll run distilled water only.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Piggy back, because I had a similar question.

I live in northern IL, so I need to keep antifreeze In there. I was planning to use 35% antifreeze in the IC system as well as the cooling system.

How much WW should I use in either system?

Is the Amsoil product any better??

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I use filtered bottled water(not distilled to corrosive ) with 1/2 bottle water wetter in summer no foaming! Then just 50/50 bottle water &ford gold in winter.

Last edited:

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I use filtered bottled water(not distilled to corrosive )

Can you be more specific?? There are literally hundreds of "bottled, filtered" water types out there.

Are you using RO water? Spring water? Much of the "filtered" generic jug water is not much better than your tap water.

And what makes distilled water so corrosive??

Last edited:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I just use nestle pure life it one of the top rated bottled waters.distilled water is striped of all minerals &naturaly wants to replace them with the iron in your engine.Its fine to use with 50/50 antifreeze just not alone.

jblood37

Established Member
I just use nestle pure life it one of the top rated bottled waters.distilled water is striped of all minerals &naturaly wants to replace them with the iron in your engine.Its fine to use with 50/50 antifreeze just not alone.

Ehhh... I think you should use distilled water. I've read tons of articles that disagree with using anything else.

Only One Example: Distilled Water - Safe for Engine?

Not trying to say your wrong, but that's my .02.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yes distilled water with 50%antifreeze is the best! But they were asking about straight distiled water, you can search hear or ask"Jimmy sidecar"he's the expert here but distilled water alone is probably the worst thing to put in there.

Last edited:

jblood37

Established Member
Yes distilled water with 50%antifreeze is the best! But they were asking about straight distiled water, you can search hear or ask"Jimmy sidecar"he's the expert here but distilled water alone is probably the worst thing to put in there.

Why is it the worst thing? :read:

Users who are viewing this thread