Weied problem need help asap plzzz

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
So i am driving 2 work on the freeway and i notice a noise coming fron the rear of my car when i notice it i pulled 2 the side and made sure ir wasnt my engine thank god it wasnt well i start driving againg but the noise continues kind of like a rattle or some but it drive fine gears go in smoothly so what could it be am really puzzled

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
check the rear brake pad clips. had a similar problem and that's what it turned out to be. when you put in neutral and you are hearing the noise gradually depress the brake and see if the noise goes away. that's how i narrowed it down in my car. good luck!

CzchMex

Established Member
+1 on the rear brakes. Just check to make sure everything is sound and tight. If it is a bearing you will notice the sound get louder or quieter when you corner. If it's the diff or the driveshaft that will increase in frequency the faster you go no matter what gear you're in.

Btw my back brakes rattle too over bumps and such. The previous owner didn't know what he was doing and I haven't had time to fix the issue

Ratchet27

Established Member
Have you made sure your lugs are tight? I had a similar probably with my front left wheel. A few days after I changed wheels my left front was making noise. Sounded alot like a brake but the lugs were a bit loose. Once I re tighten them the issue went away. Its probably not the same issue for you but you never know. Would be an easy fix.

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
Just talk 2 the guy at the shop he said i have 2 rebuild the rear wnd or replace it i would rather rebuilt it can anyone guide me on what 2 do and where 2 order the parts

svtcobralover

Established Member
Id be hesitant to believe the shop. What shop did you take it too? And what exactly did he say was wrong with it? It very well could just be one of the axle or pinion bearings in the rear. But again I would check the brake pad clips, lug nuts etc. I'm very skeptical when it comes to shops who immediately say its something when there are other variables that could contribute to the problem.

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
he did check all the brakes bearing and everything he open the rear
End up and i could see the damage on there :(

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
FRPP/Cobra 31-spline diff Moser axles, stock studs FRPP 3:73's T/A girdle welded axle tubes how does this set up sound

Users who are viewing this thread