Weird window/top problem

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I searched and couldn't find anything... and lets see if I can accurately describe this...

New problem. When I shut the passenger side door with the window up all the way, the window glass hits the top and pins the fabric between the vert top and the glass. I either have to pry it out or roll the window down slightly.

BEFORE it used to clear itself when I shut the door. I haven't really messed with it, so it could be an easy fix.

Ever happen to anyone else?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Yep, I've been through this, but only after I had the top replaced. If you are having trouble now and you have never had your top tinkered with, only thing I can think of is your chassis is either twisting, or the staples and glue for your top are giving way.

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I was thinking about the chassis thing... but I don't know how the hell. I have FLSFC welded in, and it has been parked in the garage for most of the year. I'm wondering if the top is out of alignment. I will have to check tomorrow.

omj

Established Member
There is a post in the "How To" section that will fix this problem for you, I believe

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I can't quite remember what they look like, but there is something that is adjustable that limits the travel of the window. IIRC, there is a screw/jam nut that you adjust that will contact the bracket that is attached to the bottom of the window. I have the same problem on my passenger side but haven't taken the door panel off yet to adjust the travel. Mine doesn't pinch the top -- it only rubs the top when I close the door. It's turning white where the vinyl is rubbing off. Thanks for the reminder!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I can't quite remember what they look like, but there is something that is adjustable that limits the travel of the window. IIRC, there is a screw/jam nut that you adjust that will contact the bracket that is attached to the bottom of the window. I have the same problem on my passenger side but haven't taken the door panel off yet to adjust the travel. Mine doesn't pinch the top -- it only rubs the top when I close the door. It's turning white where the vinyl is rubbing off. Thanks for the reminder!

same problem here.

2 minutes with a black sharpie solved the white showing through.

Its been there for about 3 years, and I frankly don't care enough to try to mess with it.

That said, mine isn't that bad.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
There is a post in the "How To" section that will fix this problem for you, I believe

Any help in finding this link? I've been searching for it without luck.

Mine just started a few months ago and isn't too bad yet. I was going to start taking it apart to fix a quarter window issue and thought I'd tackle this at the same time.

Any help would be great.
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread