Well while the motor is apart for my rebuild I decided to toss in a set of cams, too!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I decided to drop the hammer on a set of Comp 106100 cams while the motor is apart. Most of you know the issues I was having with my car. It ended up being the piston in cylinder 7 was absolutely phucked. cylinders 2 and 8 were also melted pretty badly, soon to fail as well. More then likely from a bad tune, and or the fact I found a receipt in the trunk showing regular unleaded.... SMH.

Anyways, the heads are being gone through and replacing whatever needs to be done.

Re-using the stock block and having it bored .020 over. Also re-using the stock crank and rods, however I opted for some DSS -12cc forged pistons to bump the compression up to around 9.2:1.

Adding tons of other things like a set of MAC Longtubes in favor of the stock manifolds, swapping the magnaflow catted x on the car for a bbk offroad H, and already traded the borla stinger catback for a 3" mac catback.

Going with a LFP dual pass heat exhchanger and LPF head cooling mod as well.

Fuel is being upgraded to a Fore hat with GT supercar pumps and dual FPDM's in favor of the OEM setup and 40amp BAP

Basically its going to be one bad mother when she's all put back together.

Bob Kurgan is getting the pleasure of tuning her.

Side note, this is how I feel right now :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

How I feel when the GF finds out about the money I'm dropping :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

va boy

Established Member
Sounds like a great list of parts, heck man, I'm excited for you too. I wish so bad I would have went ahead with cams when my engine was out of the car as well. It's sure to sound nasty with those cams and the exhaust set up you outlined. Good luck with it all.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Thanks, man. I'm just anxious to get it back on the road. I mean, I only got to drive the damn car for 90 minutes before it went boom lol. Hoping to have it all buttoned up and tuned by the end of august so I have a good 2 months or so to drive it before it goes into hibernation for these Chicago winters.

Also, Per the man NA SVT, these will be degreed at 109/114 centerlines. With the cams and above mentioned mods I'm hoping for around 650rwhp. That would be siiiiick

Mystic03

Established Member
nice man! dont worry they cant be mad at you forever..im fortunate my GF is all for it and helps me with BIG money mods.. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread