What are the canadians running for mods

04torchred

Established Member
Like the title says, just wanted to see what everyone is running around with. Might be funny to see how far behind the Americans we are. Also just trying to get some of the Canadian(Calgary, BC, Sask) owners talking a bit since this forum is not trafficed very much.

I am on stock blower, stinger catback, JLT CAI, SCT Xcal2, MGW shifter, Gords HE and lower pulley is on the way and hopefully some subframe bushings. That about it, pretty weak sauce!

EDIT: Maybe this will be a good thread to help owners out with stock Cobra so they can see what they like and don't like and get to take a ride in people's cars. Anyone got a high hp/tq KB setup?

Last edited:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Mines very stock right now.
Only a FIPK and Magnaflow's for power mods.
Steeda springs, WMS Subframe Connectors, MM Strut Tower Brace.
Mods in the garage waiting to go on are:
LFP Heat Exchanger, MGW Shifter, 2.93 SFPH Press On Pulley and a Predator for the tune.
Also have a set of Machined AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 with 265/35/18 and 295/35/18 Kumho Escta MX's on the way up.
Was going to port the blower but i'm going to wait another year. The 2.93 will hold me over enough.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Yup that sounds like a good plan. I'm sure that just the 2.93 will make me happy for a while and put a smile on my face. I like to wait and learn from what other people have done anyways. Maybe next year with the port i'll throw on a 4lb lower as well and call her done.

Tman

Established Member
All my mods are in the sig plus a few cosmetic things but theres more to come. This week Im getting gauges and possibly 315 Nitto dr's to help me hook better and already ordered Koni Yellows. The guy did backed out from buying the KB so that could be going on pretty soon along with the supporting mods.
In the next couple of months a roll cage and finishing off my sound system is in the plans and thats it-Im done or my wife will divorce me.hehe!

04torchred

Established Member
Sounds good guys. I am running a lunar temp and lunar boost/Vac gauge. May add a lunar fuel pressure and wideband down the road, but for now I am good.

sho95

Established Member
Mods are in the sig. I am from Ontario though.
Also have 60# injectors
KB Bap
TR6 plugs
SC2400 Maf
Planning the cooling mods come spring.

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
sho95 said:
Mods are in the sig. I am from Ontario though.
Also have 60# injectors
KB Bap
TR6 plugs
SC2400 Maf
Planning the cooling mods come spring.

Nice, how does the car feel with the Steg. Port?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
One ported blower.....lol.
Well looks like I may have a stage IV in a month or so. But i'm just going with a 2.93 upper.

compcobra

Established Member
Special Blend i noticed jin your signature that you have WMS subframe connectors. How do you like them? Good quality?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Sorry for the slow reply man.
The subframes work great for me. I have them on both of my cars and can't complain with either. They are well priced as well.
Western has a lot of experience with Road Racing and such so I have faith these.

compcobra

Established Member
Good to hear, I am looking for a set of subframes for my car. The WMS subs are round are they not? Obviously you should still be able to jack on them? I was also thinking of getting Western to install them for me as of current I do not have access to a welder.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya their tech center installed mine for me as well.
I use them to jack my car all the time. THey are round.

sho95

Established Member
04torchred said:
Nice, how does the car feel with the Steg. Port?

another sorry for a slow reply.
Car feels strong. Im getting a new tune(have a new tune) putting it on in the spring. I think my tune now is a little conservative. The new tune is from someone with experience in the states (RWTD). I will see if that makes any more difference in power. Not that it needs any more. First two gears are useless and third pulls hard. I guess its almost like dropping a gear. second feels like first used to, third like second used to and so on.
Cant really say if the stieg port changed anything as i went with the pulleys at the same time.

04torchred

Established Member
sho95 said:
another sorry for a slow reply.
Car feels strong. Im getting a new tune(have a new tune) putting it on in the spring. I think my tune now is a little conservative. The new tune is from someone with experience in the states (RWTD). I will see if that makes any more difference in power. Not that it needs any more. First two gears are useless and third pulls hard. I guess its almost like dropping a gear. second feels like first used to, third like second used to and so on.
Cant really say if the stieg port changed anything as i went with the pulleys at the same time.

Nice, James should get you fixed up. I have my tuning done by Hermann(HBH) and just ran a turbo 240(12psi) into the ground tonight. I am still on stock boost, but I have a Metco 8lb ordered that should be here in a couple weeks, I can't wait. Will try and grab the ported blower next summer as they seem to be giving really good results

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I have an intake and catback. Just put in the MGW shifter over the winter - can't wait to give it a go.

I debate doing more mods on a weekly basis. But I hope to stay as is for at least 1 more year. Then I will likely get a new blower, or buy a GT500? Or get a pulley in the meantime, then some lighter rims. Or I will do the coilovers and FLSFC.....now you understand what goes on in my brain weekly.

compcobra

Established Member
04torchred and sho95, I see thet you guys have tunes by HBH and RWTD. I need a tune once I put my 2.93 pulley on. How were these two tuners to deal with and any problems with us being in Canada? I definetely want someone experienced tuning my car also. How long did it take to get the tune and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

frankin

Established Member
On mine there is:

High-Flow airbox with K&N filter
2.93 pulley no idler
Extra capacity Heat Exchanger with duel fans
SCT tune
Bassani X-Pipe
Nitto P275/40 ZR17 98W /555 front 555R rear (drag radials)
IRS Pinion Support Brace with polyurethane bushings
IRS Toe Link Bars (replaced stock with Paul's High Performance parts)

It is a vert and I plan on getting sub frame bracing.

Users who are viewing this thread