What did you do for your Terminator today?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
20 years in WI for collector plates. One time fee of $220 and no more emissions. Only restriction is that you can't drive it in January. Cobra got collectors in December or January so she still hasn't been out in the wild with them yet.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I mean, same car CAN drive in January with a regular plate? Makes no sense to me except it reduces the registration from 12 months to 11 months with the dropped month maybe being the worse, weather wise. Hence the month picked was January. ???

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why the restriction in January?
No idea. Certainly most vehicles rolling around with collector plates don't get driven in winter anyway so it almost seems redundant. However, every once in a while I see something insignificant - like a 1998 Honda Accord - with collectors and I just assume they do it to skip out on emissions and registration.

Edit: I should add that the plates are ugly too. Medium blue with red characters and not customizable.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Why the restriction in January?
Requirements like this is to prevent people from abusing the plate type and using them on vehicles that are in fact a DD. For instance, in order to keep my Cobra on Collector Plates I have to prove that I have a normal registered vehicle for DD use and affirm that I do not DD with a Collector Plate.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
...in order to keep my Cobra on Collector Plates I have to prove that I have a normal registered vehicle for DD use and affirm that I do not DD with a Collector Plate.
This is also true in WI although they must not scrutinize it very closely because I listed the Vette and truck registered to my employer in OH as alternate vehicles to get me through January. ha

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
No idea. Certainly most vehicles rolling around with collector plates don't get driven in winter anyway so it almost seems redundant. However, every once in a while I see something insignificant - like a 1998 Honda Accord - with collectors and I just assume they do it to skip out on emissions and registration.

Edit: I should add that the plates are ugly too. Medium blue with red characters and not customizable.
They look alright on a red cobra.

WidowrRacing

Established Member
I have a Cobra related Q and would like some opinions on this one and don't think it's thread worthy.

I currently have full bolt on's with SCT tune...nothing crazy 480RW.
(stock manifolds, hi flow catted X, Stingers)
I'm adding BBK FLH, catted X pipe, Stingers)

Is a new tune required?
I have a feeling if I ask my tuner he will say "Yes".

I have other mods planned for the car and with those mods I will be getting it retuned for sure but that's next year.

Would air/fuel be altered that much with FLH?
What do you think?

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I have a Cobra related Q and would like some opinions on this one and don't think it's thread worthy.

I currently have full bolt on's with SCT tune...nothing crazy 480RW.
(stock manifolds, hi flow catted X, Stingers)
I'm adding BBK FLH, catted X pipe, Stingers)

Is a new tune required?
I have a feeling if I ask my tuner he will say "Yes".

I have other mods planned for the car and with those mods I will be getting it retuned for sure but that's next year.

Would air/fuel be altered that much with FLH?
So what do you think?

Should be fine. Do you have a wideband?

You might see boost drop a tad but you’re still moving the same amount of air

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
ba716ded77909a89a45ece330efc5ec8.jpg

544d3aa97f1577307db6aa26776da559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice carbon fiber hood. Do you have aftermarket vents or will you use the factory vents?

Thanks Bob. I have the stock vents and LFP vents. I think I’m gonna go with the LFP set. We’ll see. I’m getting the bottom painted satin silver and the whole hood cleared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread