What did you do for your Terminator today?

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Moved the car from the storage unit which had more than double in price. My buddy is letting me keep it in his garage for the time being. Greatly appreciate it

7d6009a13d7cf923c10fd5af301a6440.jpg

3c3e5978abea11bbeb577a32ad735836.jpg

30f7041ee7457dbd79795c8f0a66e192.jpg

dce29a7139ce1bdfe36145d1ed590789.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
bob I paid 299 with an extra free battery. I can do the whole car. You know whats funny. I can dry my car faster with my towels than the blower lol. Im going to see how this one does. I bought the strongest model. Next nice day I will test this one out.

I used to use my DeWalt blower to dry, but that's just it. It takes much longer than using a towel.
It's good for getting between the tails and bumper, around the mirrors and headlights etc

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I got an Adams air cannon blaster thing for my birthday last year. Overall, I like it. Works great on coated cars (not surprising). I like it for the Vette hood especially since it opens "backwards" and I can work the water down the hood and off the bumper. Gets water out of the typical crevices that towels can't reach. Still have to go over it once with a towel afterwards, though. Also, seems like the discharge air heats up with the motor after a few minutes of use so it'll dry the car a bit instead of simply blowing the water away.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Details on the SS?
2002 hardtop SS
11k miles
228/232 110+4 cam
Advanced Induction CNC ported 241 heads
PRC springs valve springs/titanium retainers
TSP 7.425 hardened push rods
LS6 ported oil pump
25% underdrive crank pulley
TSP 1 3/4 long tube header
3inch Y pipe and 3inch TSP catback
QTP cut out
Fast 92mm TB
UMI lower control arms and panhard bar
4.10 gear

It didn't come with a dyno sheet or anything, but I suspect it makes a little more than 400. It is suuppppper clean. It does have some bubbling on the roof, as most do that were made during this time, so I'll have to change that out. But I love it so far.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
2002 hardtop SS
11k miles
228/232 110+4 cam
LS6 ported oil pump
QTP cut out
Fast 92mm TB
4.10 gear

It didn't come with a dyno sheet or anything, but I suspect it makes a little more than 400. It is suuppppper clean. It does have some bubbling on the roof, as most do that were made during this time, so I'll have to change that out. But I love it so far.
410-420 is the number with a manual. if it has a stock 10 bolt u need to drop it . It’s the weak point on fbodys put a 12 bolt moser or 9” . Is it a 6speed or auto ? ****er has less miles than my hawk I’m at 24k congrats on your SS

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
2002 hardtop SS
11k miles
228/232 110+4 cam
LS6 ported oil pump
QTP cut out
Fast 92mm TB
4.10 gear

IMG_3387.jpeg

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
410-420 is the number with a manual. if it has a stock 10 bolt u need to drop it . It’s the weak point on fbodys put a 12 bolt moser or 9” . Is it a 6speed or auto ? ****er has less miles than my hawk I’m at 24k congrats on your SS
It has a stock rear end other the the 4.10 gears. I plan to address that eventually. I want to focus on some appears stuff first. I'm thinking I want some welds. Probably some new headlight and address the roof situation. I don't think I'll do much more performance wise. If I have the urge to drive something violent, I'll just hop in the cobra.

**edit** the wheels need to go ASAP, they are the least favorite part of the car for me.

I want a WS6 in a bad way. Maybe one day…
I briefly started trying to find one in good shape, but they seem to go for way more than the SS.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
@NateDogg
Nice pick up! My buddy is selling a clean red 99 Z/28. If hadn't just bought the Z06, I'd be considering it. Another pal has a 2000? SS convertible that's pretty mint.

This reminds of a meme from another thread about not caring about new cars and all their tech and going for the 90s-2000s "shit boxes." Some new stuff is cool, but you can keep all your nannies, plush interior, dual clutch autos, and gizmos that drive the car for you. Give me a loud plastic POS interior, 3 pedals, and a singular traction control button. lol It's a happy medium between finicky carbs and bias ply tires and so much electronics that the driver's hardly participating.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had a Formula and T/A way back when. I remember when I was stationed in MS I stopped to look at a Pewter T/A the only reason I didn't go for it was because it was manual. I'd probably have some different friends if I had gone that route.

But an all black WS6 still holds a special place in my heart.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
@NateDogg
Nice pick up! My buddy is selling a clean red 99 Z/28. If hadn't just bought the Z06, I'd be considering it. Another pal has a 2000? SS convertible that's pretty mint.

This reminds of a meme from another thread about not caring about new cars and all their tech and going for the 90s-2000s "shit boxes." Some new stuff is cool, but you can keep all your nannies, plush interior, dual clutch autos, and gizmos that drive the car for you. Give me a loud plastic POS interior, 3 pedals, and a singular traction control button. lol It's a happy medium between finicky carbs and bias ply tires and so much electronics that the driver's hardly participating.
I had been looking for something for a while. I recently "finished" the cobra and had the itch for another toy.

I looked at GT350s, 13/14 GT500s, c6z, 21-23 Mach 1s, 17-19 c7 grand sports which all came in from 40-60k. At the end of the day I decided I just didn't want to spend that much so I started looking at the cheaper end of the spectrum. 98-02 SS/WS6, foxbodies, terminators, c5z.

I was VERY close to buying another terminator. Had two that I was ready to pull the trigger on but the sellers were so slow at responding, and I would have had to ship them. This SS popped up local, low mileage with a binder full of every receipt and mod done to the car and a seller that was ready to sell. I couldn't resist.

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Did some wrenching on my brothers car. She’s a driver, not a looker hahahaha. Help him out where I can. He has 4 kids, so the car doesn’t get much love. He’s been stock piling parts for about 8-10 years. Doing head studs, 2.8h KB, return fuel system, 2 465 pumps, VC’s, 26 spline input shaft and a new clutch.

The before….
View attachment 1836958

Nice little nest…
View attachment 1836959

Baby blower….2.65” pulley
View attachment 1836960

Covers off
View attachment 1836961

Swapped studs 1 bolt at a time.
View attachment 1836962

Freshly PC black VC’s back on.
View attachment 1836963

Not bad for 5 hrs worth of work on day 1.
Great work! You make changing the studs look so easy.

stangfreak

Established Member
I used to use my DeWalt blower to dry, but that's just it. It takes much longer than using a towel.
It's good for getting between the tails and bumper, around the mirrors and headlights etc
Exactly. I am using it for my wheels, front of the car, bumper, just like you said. Maybe just blow off some excess water on the car but I still prefer to use a towel. I got so many different kinds of microfiber towels. and its just relaxing for me as well to dry the car by hand. and like we both said, it just takes longer with the blower.

stangfreak

Established Member
I had a Formula and T/A way back when. I remember when I was stationed in MS I stopped to look at a Pewter T/A the only reason I didn't go for it was because it was manual. I'd probably have some different friends if I had gone that route.

Black ws6, yes. I wanted one as well back in the day. Before I had my cobra we were going to a local strip. Every weekend there were just hundreds of cars. Every parking lot was just filled with cars.

It was summer of 02, there is a fire house on that strip but way before where the action started. driving by, I saw three cars in that lot. It was a white saleen s281, a red supra, and a BLACK WS6. All three next to each other, under those bright huge lights at night. Man I wish I had a camera with me that was a poster shot. That black ws6 was insane. chrome wheels. I would have bought all three cars lol .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I didn't know you had Firebirds in your history, Bob. I never had a Firebird, but I did have a '94 Z28 that was converted by Callaway Cars (motor, suspension, brakes, interior, paint).

1713550860226.jpeg

1713550924824.jpeg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I didn't know you had Firebirds in your history, Bob. I never had a Firebird, but I did have a '94 Z28 that was converted by Callaway Cars (motor, suspension, brakes, interior, paint).

View attachment 1837480

View attachment 1837481
It was a dark time in my life.;) I ended up getting an 87 Formula in a round about trade. I tried to trade that in for a fox, but they sold it before I could get to the dealer. I ended up with a 94 T/A that I shouldn't have had as a 19 year old. It was the typical story of having to get rid of it to make room for a family. But I did have my 70 at the time to tinker on.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Love to see the pics of that one,
What are you doing for an antenna now, not a big concern for me because I generally don’t listen to the radio but if I am going to have a radio in the car it’s gotta work, just one of my things, if it’s there, it has to fulfill its intended purpose.

This was from back in 2010, so my pictures are not the best hahaha. But here is this beauty. Had so much custom details done to it.

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00171.jpg
    DSC00171.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread