What Difference do you see?

03yellow

Established Member
What difference do you see in these long blocks to pick up the additional Hp As they move up in price?

MMR Street Mod 600 4V Longblock $5899.99

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 600HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 600 shortblock with Forged Manley Pistons, 4340 Forged I-Beam Rods
w/ARP bolts, fully balanced and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block and fully assembled with new 03/04 Cobra 4V heads, ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, and a High Volume oil pump.

MMR Street Mod 900 4V Longblock $6499

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 900HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 900 shortblock with Manley Forged Pistons, 4340 MMR
Forged H-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, forged crankshaft fully balanced and
blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block, and fully assembled with new 03/04 Cobra heads , ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets,
and a High Volume oil pump.

MMR Street Mod 1000 4V Longblock $6599

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 1000HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 1000 shortblock with Manley Forged Pistons, 4340 MMR
blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block, and fully assembled with new 03/04 Cobra heads , ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets,

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
What difference do you see in these long blocks to pick up the additional Hp As they move up in price?

MMR Street Mod 600 4V Longblock $5899.99

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 600HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 600 shortblock with Forged Manley Pistons, 4340 Forged I-Beam Rods
w/ARP bolts, fully balanced and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra Block and fully assembled with new 03/04 Cobra 4V heads, ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro head gaskets, and a High Volume oil pump.

MMR Street Mod 900 4V Longblock $6499

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 900HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 900 shortblock with Manley Forged Pistons, 4340 MMR
and a High Volume oil pump.

MMR Street Mod 1000 4V Longblock $6599

This forged MMR longblock can handle up to 1000HP. They include the MMR
Street Mod 1000 shortblock with Manley Forged Pistons, 4340 MMR

One big difference is going to be in the pistons...there are multiple types of Manley Forged Pistons...not just one and done. Instead of asking all of us why don't you call them up and ask them yourself...they would know a LOT better than we would.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i thought your son was going to be driving this car....and why do you need a built motor with a stock 03 cobra? You have to be a troll.

03yellow

Established Member
Yea I've been Trolling since 04. My son and i have traded cars/ truck this week so he is my car. My car is not stock ( my sig), And I was trying to figure out what's the difference was between the internals and set ups.
i thought your son was going to be driving this car....and why do you need a built motor with a stock 03 cobra? You have to be a troll.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Thought the 4340 was the piston #,, must be the I beam.
I would call them but they are closed.

One big difference is going to be in the pistons...there are multiple types of Manley Forged Pistons...not just one and done. Instead of asking all of us why don't you call them up and ask them yourself...they would know a LOT better than we would.

CobraMac

Established Member
If I can remember the 4340 in that refers to an MMR part...aslo you can see that the 600 compared to 900 there are different rods.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I pretty sure it may be a misprint on I beam H beam thing, I think they may be reversed. I was under the impression the Manley I beam was top dog and the H beam was the first level. Obviously I could be mistaken on this and it would be best to check with MMR. They are fairly active on our forum and are a great vendor. I'm thinking getting those answers will be relatively painless.
The alloy of the rod steel I believe is what the 4340 is.

And another possible difference in the levels will likely be which Manley forged pistons are used. Our stockers are, Zohlner a 4032 alloy forged piston. The 4032 alloy is low expansion but has a slightly lower melting point too therefor are more appropriate for lower power builds and can be built with tighter piston to wall clearance that will also see less cylinder pressures and temps.

Manley also makes race grade pistons in a 2618 alloy that tolerate higher temps and cylinder pressures but also have to be built with more piston to wall clearance and will be noisier on cold starts.
I'm sure the 900 and 1000 will be 2618 pistons without a doubt.

Call them.. then post back and let me know how I did at my guess work.:p:beer::pop:

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Thanks Jummy great info.
I pretty sure it may be a misprint on I beam H beam thing, I think they may be reversed. I was under the impression the Manley I beam was top dog and the H beam was the first level. Obviously I could be mistaken on this and it would be best to check with MMR. They are fairly active on our forum and are a great vendor. I'm thinking getting those answers will be relatively painless.
The alloy of the rod steel I believe is what the 4340 is.

And another possible difference in the levels will likely be which Manley forged pistons are used. Our stockers are, Zohlner a 4032 alloy forged piston. The 4032 alloy is low expansion but has a slightly lower melting point too therefor are more appropriate for lower power builds and can be built with tighter piston to wall clearance that will also see less cylinder pressures and temps.

Manley also makes race grade pistons in a 2618 alloy that tolerate higher temps and cylinder pressures but also have to be built with more piston to wall clearance and will be noisier on cold starts.
I'm sure the 900 and 1000 will be 2618 pistons without a doubt.

Call them.. then post back and let me know how I did at my guess work.:p:beer::pop:

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
You guys are kidding right?....:dw: 4340 refers to the forged alloy used to make the crankshaft/rods. 90% of all chevy,ford, mopar aftermarket forged cranks are made with 4340 steel. Cars 101 here guys, easy stuff:nonono:

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Not kidding,,, didn't know that !
You guys are kidding right?....:dw: 4340 refers to the forged alloy used to make the crankshaft/rods. 90% of all chevy,ford, mopar aftermarket forged cranks are made with 4340 steel. Cars 101 here guys, easy stuff:nonono:

raw23062

Established Member

What he said....+ I beam is 1st level, H beam is stronger.

Teej281

Established Member
billet I beams are top dog. They are strong and light weight. Typical I beams are not as strong, so they can be entry level. Also, the 600 doesnt have a forged crank. It has a stock GT nodular Iron cast crank.

Users who are viewing this thread