What does it take our cars to run with 03 cobras

marco93cobra

Established Member
347 with a blower pushing 22 lbs will do the job. Going to add small 35 shot no2 and some more tuning so that I can take care of those modded ZO6's. Kinda hard to talk when you cant keep up with them, so it will be time come this spring!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I think Im going to just eventually go with a NA aluminum headed 347.

a strong all motor car is not that much fun if you drive it on a daily basis.

Slap at least 10psi of boost on the car with heads/cam and you will be more than happy.

Adower

Established Member
a strong all motor car is not that much fun if you drive it on a daily basis.

Slap at least 10psi of boost on the car with heads/cam and you will be more than happy.

I agree, the car wont be as much fun as a car with boost but thats okay. Im just looking for about 350-370 rwhp and something that I can take out daily.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
just as long as you realize drivability will not be as good in a n/a car as it is in a boosted car

sled

Established Member
347 with a blower pushing 22 lbs will do the job. Going to add small 35 shot no2 and some more tuning so that I can take care of those modded ZO6's. Kinda hard to talk when you cant keep up with them, so it will be time come this spring!

a 35 shot?? thats why they have meth kits now!!:rockon:

nolimit89stang

Established Member
i allmost put a term motor in my teal 93 but i just couldn't bring myself too do it. so i bought a m/p 70mm turbo, i hope it is enough

Adower

Established Member
The 347 I build I would probably go with hopefully wont be too nasty. Basic aluminum heads/intake/ed curtis cam...I really want it to be streetable and daily drivable. If not maybe a S-trim or something.

Teal93

Just look at racerbox77 car 10 psi vortech and exhaust. thats all you will need. Wifes red one with a vortech smacks them around and the teal one destroys them. both the cobras still have all the factory internals. And this is a 03 cobra with every single bolt on you can buy except for a KB or whimple that i raced.

Last edited by a moderator:

blownfox

Established Member
just as long as you realize drivability will not be as good in a n/a car as it is in a boosted car

yep that's right I drove around with Heads and Cam for almost 2years with no tune. The drivability was not the best. This past summer I added a S-trim and it drives like it is almost stock. But with 200 more HP. I would add a blower before I would stroke a 5.0, but that is just my opinion:banana:

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Just look at racerbox77 car 10 psi vortech and exhaust. thats all you will need. Wifes red one with a vortech smacks them around and the teal one destroys them. both the cobras still have all the factory internals. And this is a 03 cobra with every single bolt on you can buy except for a KB or whimple that i raced.

I am also running 10psi it is alot of fun. Even through a 65 MM throttle body.:burnout:

John and Renae

Established Member
Fwiw...

Gt-40 gear, full exhaust, e-cam and 12lbs from an strim will get you 450rwhp on a safe good tune and put you in the low 11's all day. you are at the limit of the block there...but it will get you the numbers...

I had an a-trim with the original gt-40 (L-casting) iron heads years ago pushing 9 lbs and got 440 rwhp...went 12'0s on street tires spinning pretty much thru 1st and 2nd...

The fox has such a weight advantage that it does not take as much to run the numbers...

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Fwiw...

Gt-40 gear, full exhaust, e-cam and 12lbs from an strim will get you 450rwhp on a safe good tune and put you in the low 11's all day. you are at the limit of the block there...but it will get you the numbers...

I had an a-trim with the original gt-40 (L-casting) iron heads years ago pushing 9 lbs and got 440 rwhp...went 12'0s on street tires spinning pretty much thru 1st and 2nd...

The fox has such a weight advantage that it does not take as much to run the numbers...

True story. I love the fox because it uses the KISS method.:rockon:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I went mid 10's on a mostly stock 93 cobra engine for a couple years without issue. It's hard to beat the simplicity of a cobra 5.0 when making power under boost.

However, my 03 is a beast as well with simple mods. Either way, they're both cheap to make fast.

sled

Established Member
It's not as bad as you'd think. My '03 has 13k on it, now price a pristine 93 cobra with 13k. We're only talking about 5G's difference roughly.

why would you buy a 93 with 13k on it only to mod the shit out of it?? buy something with closer to 100k. save 10 grand and go to town with it.

Users who are viewing this thread