What hp gains to expect?

slynch68

Established Member
I'm installing a C&R h/e and 170 thermo tomorrow for full power all the time and I know I won't gain any power from that but...

I'm also installing a 72mm TB and an aluminum DS on the car. It's an 11' with the following mods
2.59 pulley
JLT cf intake
Vmp tune

Thinking 25rwhp with the TB and DS. I was waiting on doing a lower 10% or 15% after the cooling mods. Now I don't have to worry about breaking the DS and can launch higher than 2500rpm on drag radials.

10's here I come!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm installing a C&R h/e and 170 thermo tomorrow for full power all the time and I know I won't gain any power from that but...

I'm also installing a 72mm TB and an aluminum DS on the car. It's an 11' with the following mods
2.59 pulley
JLT cf intake
Vmp tune

Thinking 25rwhp with the TB and DS. I was waiting on doing a lower 10% or 15% after the cooling mods. Now I don't have to worry about breaking the DS and can launch higher than 2500rpm on drag radials.

10's here I come!

Gains from what?

What car?

Completely stock?

Which JLT?

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

slynch68

Established Member
Gains from the 72mm TB and aluminum DS. sorry i should have been more specific.

Its an 11' GT500 with 2.59 pulley, tune, JLT cf intake(the replacement piece that takes out the resonator)

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The 72mm TB vs stock? Maybe 20 if the planets align.

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Unfortunately the DS won't increase hp but should improve acceleration. You might see a 5-10 hp gain on a upper only car with the TB. Only way your going to see a significant gain on the TB is with a lower or a bigger blower. The next best bang for the buck mods are going to be a port or lower pulley. I will be doing the port next with some before/after numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread