What is the stock eaton made out of?

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
I was wondering what kind of metal is used to make the stock eaton. I was thinking about using carbide bits to port this pig and I dont want to get steel bits and use them on aluminum and vise versa. thanks guys!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Carbide or High Speed Steel bits will work about the same you will just get more life out of the carbide bits before they dull up.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Get an aluminum or non-ferrous metal carbide burr to use. The ones made for steel will clog up too easily on you.

Should look like this:
ACBBS.jpg

See how wide the flutes are?
ACBCS.jpg

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I just got one off ebay for $9 shipped. It's a straight sided one with a rounded nose. I'd been using the regular ones that are made for steel in the past but what a pain. I'm going to use this one to port my lower intake.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
yea i had bought some steel ones off the snap on truck, two of them for 91 bucks. but they are for steel and before i ripped into the porting i wanted to make sure what kind of metal it was. i had thought steel, im glad that i asked. snap on doesnt come back to my shop until thursday so ill return the ones i got and probably order some off harborfreight.com.

Users who are viewing this thread