What is the worst product you have ever purchased for your 03/04 Cobra?

VictorySong

Established Member
What is the worst product you have ever purchased for your 03/04 Cobra? It can include anything drivetrain, cosmetics, car covers,car care etc...

My worst purchase was a Steeda Tri-ax. It's loud and notchy, too short for everyday driving, and I havn't been able to powershift since I purchased it.:fm:

My second worst purchase was a MOMO shift knob, it looked stupid inside the cobra and it cost me over $100, I ended up putting it on some cheap beater I sold.:lol1:

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
I personally like my tri-ax, Rarely miss a shift and like the shortness of it. My worst purchase was my GKN Axles that I can't find a replacement outer joint for.

antiv6

Established Member
slp catted x pipe, the cats on it scraped on everything even before I was lowered whoever designed it needs to be fired. Here's a pic with the car lowered, probably an inch of clearance, and thats after the cats were flattened on the bottom from scraping on everything
293gl69.jpg

Last edited:

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
I like my bassani catback. the quality is great and the sounds great IMO as well. But everyone has their own opinions.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
please explain this one more....

that seems like a good mod, and its not that expensive compared to the purchase of a new blower

I can agree with the ported blower. The HP claims were right on. Just looking for more HP. Going from 450ish (with CPIE) to 500HP (with ported everything) was not a huge difference expect for $800 hole in the saving's account. Going from 450ish to 600 is a difference and to me a great "holy crap" worth the money difference. It not the worst product, which you are asking for. It's more of a money/gain issue and not a product rather a service. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
So far, I haven't really had a bad product I didn't like honestly.

I usually research a ton before I purchase something.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
My brembo pads came with the previous cobra I had. The stopping quality was incredible. But, I sounded like a school bus. Probably my fault though for not correctly matching pads and rotors or something. I wouldn't buy them again unless I did autocross.

f2hatch

Established Member
I regret my MGW shifter. For the money I spent on it I would of been better off and just as happy just keeping the Steeda that I had in the car. I kept hearing everybody rant and rave about how great the MGW is so I put it in. To say the least I was very disappointed with it. I can barley feel any difference between the Tri ax and the MGW.

xenodragon

Established Member
I regret my MGW shifter. For the money I spent on it I would of been better off and just as happy just keeping the Steeda that I had in the car. I kept hearing everybody rant and rave about how great the MGW is so I put it in. To say the least I was very disappointed with it. I can barley feel any difference between the Tri ax and the MGW.

+1 I am not a huge fan of the MGW either, even though I have it. I just dont want to spend anymore money.

Users who are viewing this thread