What seats do you like better?

racerbox77

Established Member
Here are my current seats. ( for sale in the interior section on this site).

I want to get a seat that sits lower, and is a bit wider.
Here are the specs of current Corbeau seats.

What seats should I get after mine sell?

IMAG1185.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-28-05-21-49.png

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Here are my current seats. ( for sale in the interior section on this site).

I want to get a seat that sits lower, and is a bit wider.
Here are the specs of current Corbeau seats.

What seats should I get after mine sell?

IMAG1185.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-28-05-21-49.png

I am going with the Corbeau A4s in Micro (you can et them in wide fitment) I also hear if you call them direct they make a low profile bracket (may work on your current ones) cant remember off the top of my head what the part# is but some on Corral use it but said they had to "shave" some material on the trans tunnel side to sit flat to the bolting surface and use different length bolts.

1slohawk

Established Member
I have kirkey's in mine. There comfortable believe it or not and I'm 6'5 with the Holcomb brackets I have a lot of head room compared to stock seats.

racerbox77

Established Member
I have kirkey's in mine. There comfortable believe it or not and I'm 6'5 with the Holcomb brackets I have a lot of head room compared to stock seats.
Kirkeys are great but I'm sure if you drove your car more than 20 min you wouldn't be comfortable

1slohawk

Established Member
Kirkeys are great but I'm sure if you drove your car more than 20 min you wouldn't be comfortable

Haha you might be right, but that would involve me getting motivated to finish the car. Have you looked into the corbeau forza seats? They seem to sit lower.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
FWIW I have GTs 2's in my new edge (the exact same ones as you actually) and I've also had the Corbeau A4's. I personally love the GTS seats mainly because the look and comfort of them. The standard A4's are a bit wider than the GTS seats because of the way the thigh bolsters are shaped and aren't quite as padded as the GTS seats. Although the A4 is also a very nice seat as well. Do you have another seat you're specifically interested in OP? Looking to stay with Corbeau?

racerbox77

Established Member
I'm liking the LG1. My buddy has them and I sat in them. The seat is very comfortable except the shoulder bolsters are lower than my shoulders

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Good luck man. I have the same seats in my car (with the lowered bracket) and haven't found anything else that gives me more room. I'm 6'5. I tried 04 cobra seats and they pushed me through the roof. Interested to hear if you find something that gives you more room.

racerbox77

Established Member
I chose the Corbeau LG1 in suede and the wide version. I absolutely love them! I sit lower and they are super comfy. They barley fit being the wide version.
If anyone is looking for a great, comfortable seat. These are it.

IMAG1324.jpg

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Love the seats ... I was looking at the A4's in regular width but plan on taking some longer cruises. I do plan to auto-x/open track the car .. so my question is how is the lateral support with the wider version? Just as a reference I am 71" and approx. 195lbs ... I need form and function ... but a little comfort never hurts.

racerbox77

Established Member
Love the seats ... I was looking at the A4's in regular width but plan on taking some longer cruises. I do plan to auto-x/open track the car .. so my question is how is the lateral support with the wider version? Just as a reference I am 71" and approx. 195lbs ... I need form and function ... but a little comfort never hurts.
I've had the A4's when I was in my early 20's in a Probe GT. I was about 6'2 170 then. They fit great but we're not very padded and would be too narrow for me now at 200lbs.
The LG1 is a much more comfortable seat. They both will do well for autocross. The wide version though would not be as good. I fit perfectly in the normal LG1 BUT I wanted to be as comfortable as possible and I don't really track this car so I got the wider version.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I've had the A4's when I was in my early 20's in a Probe GT. I was about 6'2 170 then. They fit great but we're not very padded and would be too narrow for me now at 200lbs.
The LG1 is a much more comfortable seat. They both will do well for autocross. The wide version though would not be as good. I fit perfectly in the normal LG1 BUT I wanted to be as comfortable as possible and I don't really track this car so I got the wider version.

Thanks for the info ... I may make the switch to the LG1s but stay with regular width .. Car is looking good. Should be starting on mine pretty soon.

93SVTvenom

Established Member

Took your advice and ordered my set today ... same as yours but regular width. Hopefully they are comfy ... hopefully you got some time in the seats ... still enjoying them?

Users who are viewing this thread