what to do?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I negotiated a very fair price with someone to purchase my ZR1. I also believe I can sell my C5 Z fairly easily. I feel as though with the new C7 Z coming out the C6 ZR1 prices are going to shoot down.

Im by no means getting out of the automotive scene... rather just trying to down size and get the most for my stuff.

I also wanted to invest some money into growing a new business I started.

So, I came up with a few options

1) New GT500
2) New CTS-V sedan
3) New C7

All 3 options would allow me to purchase the vehicles and leave a good chunk of change left over between the two vehicle sales and purchase.

The C7 or CTSV would stay stock, while I wouldnt mind throwing a pully and boltons on the GT500.

Right now im leaning towards the GT500 but I havent driven any of them yet. Thoughts?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Drive them and see what you like the best. I'm a mustang fanboy so I say get the GT500

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I look at the automobile's potential. If the engine can safely handle 50-75% increase in power then it's worth the purchase. Some of these cars can't handle boost or come out of the factory at the top of their game.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
C7 for sure. But that's just me. It's finally starting to grow on me (rear end).

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
How about a lightly used 2013+ GT500 in the market section here and save $1000s off MSRP?

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
GT 500! Disclaimer: I'm a Ford fan-boy. And a GT500 fan boy. And a Mustang fan-boy. You get the idea. Still, the GT500 has to be the best value for the performance dollar.

kaz109

Established Member
GT 500! Disclaimer: I'm a Ford fan-boy. And a GT500 fan boy. And a Mustang fan-boy. You get the idea. Still, the GT500 has to be the best value for the performance dollar.

If both can be had for mid 50's then it is not a better bang for buck then the C7.....and it is well documented how I feel about GM cars

FIVEHOE

Established Member
The c7's have that sexy exotic look. I'd probably purchase one if i could find a lightly used one OTD for 50s

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Honestly......who cares what we say in this thread. Drive them all and go with the one you like the most. All of them will leave you satisfied.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
What are you going to be using the vehicle for, just a toy? If so, i say GT500. If you are actually going to be driving the car quite a few times a week, i'd say get the CTS-V.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I have a loaded up silverado to DD. This would just be a weekend/cruiser. I love my ZR1 but im terrified of the probable depreciation on it after the C7 Z is released.

Im leaning towards a GT500. I want something new. I like the looks and cheap aftermarket potential.

paluka21

Established Member
I own a '14 GT500 I purchased new. My choice would be between the C7 and GT500, all depending on what your ultimate goal of the car would be. If I were to lean towards a C7, I would wait for the Z06 to be released and pounce on that, given that you can stomach the price. Therefore, if your purchase is going to be immediate, I would go with the GT500 and do some minor bolt-ons and traction modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread