Whats a fare Price?? 2013 14700 mi.

muauto

Established Member
Hello, Great site you have here. I was looking at a 2013 GT500 at a dealer near me ( Buffalo Ny), red candy paint white stripes .Options inc. SVT TP, recaro seats. Vin#1ZVBP8JZ0D5222219 the dealer put 4 new tires on it and said it was one of Fords test cars. There asking 64995. i think there out of there mind. So what do you think a fair price should be? I was just going to order a new 2014 base model for 56000.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
That car is doing about $56k at auction- and if it only has those two options MSRP was about $63k

I think I'd pass and get a new one

muauto

Established Member
Thanks for the Quick replys, The miles made me a little nervous. It seems a little crazy i can buy a new one for the price of a used one. And the base model is really all i want.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
muauto said:
Thanks for the Quick replys, The miles made me a little nervous. It seems a little crazy i can buy a new one for the price of a used one. And the base model is really all i want.

You can get a new, base, 2014 for less than that.

muauto

Established Member
That car is doing about $56k at auction- and if it only has those two options MSRP was about $63k

I think I'd pass and get a new one
I see you are a former ford dealer, the dealers have much wiggle room on the price on the GT500. I have a large dealer right by my house they have no problem ordering me one in , but we didnt talk price yet , except the car ranges from 56000 to 67000 and i knew that. They have not ordered one in for 2014 yet.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I see you are a former ford dealer, the dealers have much wiggle room on the price on the GT500. I have a large dealer right by my house they have no problem ordering me one in , but we didnt talk price yet , except the car ranges from 56000 to 67000 and i knew that. They have not ordered one in for 2014 yet.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking.

That being said- A Base GT500 has about $5000 in it in gross profit. Other than a superduty- there aren't other cars
That have that.

Depending upon your market's demand- you should be able to snag a low option car for MSRP or maybe even 2-3k off.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Hello, Great site you have here. I was looking at a 2013 GT500 at a dealer near me ( Buffalo Ny), red candy paint white stripes .Options inc. SVT TP, recaro seats. Vin#1ZVBP8JZ0D5222219 the dealer put 4 new tires on it and said it was one of Fords test cars. There asking 64995. i think there out of there mind. So what do you think a fair price should be? I was just going to order a new 2014 base model for 56000.

According to the window sticker, MSRP was $63,475. That means the dealer is looking for ~$1500 OVER sticker on a USED car with almost 15K HARD miles on it. You can DEFINITELY do better on a brand new one.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

I'll sell you my base 2013 with 2900 miles for 60K.. Deal? :idea:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't change the fact that it's a base model *assuming we are all in agreement that non svt PP vs svt PP is how we define base vs non-base*

EDIT: also assuming you know what I view as base

EDIT2: additionally assuming that what I view as base is also what you view as base

EDIT3: furthermore assuming that hat I view as base is additionally what everyone else views as base

EDIT4 etc...

Last edited:

muauto

Established Member
If you go to Ford.com and pick "build and price". Pick the Shelby GT500 Mustang Base group 820A , and dont add any packages. MSRP is 55445. includes destination.This is what i was viewing as (Base ).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
muauto said:
If you go to Ford.com and pick "build and price". Pick the Shelby GT500 Mustang Base group 820A , and dont add any packages. MSRP is 55445. includes destination.This is what i was viewing as (Base ).

Correct, that is a "base" car. In your original post you were talking about a PP, TP car.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Doesn't change the fact that it's a base model *assuming we are all in agreement that non svt PP vs svt PP is how we define base vs non-base*

EDIT: also assuming you know what I view as base

EDIT2: additionally assuming that what I view as base is also what you view as base

EDIT3: furthermore assuming that hat I view as base is additionally what everyone else views as base

EDIT4 etc...

I was bustin your chops...

huggytree

Established Member
i paid less than that for my loaded convertible with 4 miles on it

with that many miles who knows how badly its been beaten....i wouldnt consider it myself unless it was $50,000

why would you want a beat car and pay brand new price for it....or even close to brand new price....

go to cars.com and find your car....fly to where ever it is and drive it home....dont buy a heavily used 2013

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The more I think about this....the more I tried to justify the mileage. Nope. I bet that care has been beat to death.

I'd only buy a mileage car if it
Had like 2k on it and it was a "visibility car" taken to car shows etc. and it was considerably less than MSRP

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member

Just an FYI .. I just picked up a Red Candy / Matte Black Stripes, PP, TP, Electronics Package, Pro audio, Recars for just over 61k (sticker over 67k). It had 4500 miles on it. what they are asking sounds a bit high. To be honest as I was looking around most folks have these over priced. I guess if there is demand, they will keep trying. I saw the price on this one and thought it was fair for the condition it was in so I jumped on it.

Crowley

Users who are viewing this thread