What's the best way to bleed air out of aftercooler reservoir?

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Sorry to hijack the thread I have the same problem as silvercoffin. I jumped the relay left it on for about 2mins it was still not circulating.

silvercoffin

Established Member

Was easy to fix... I was stupid and almost got a mouth full of antifreeze though LOL

Take off the top hose on the res. tank and blow into the tank..that way you will be blowing in the direction of the fluid lol

BUT put the top hose you take off into a big coffee cup so you dont get coolant everywhere. Plastic ice Coffee cup from DD worked well lol...

NOW if i could only shift the freakin car.....after new trans and two new clutches... really getting frustrating.

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
You can do that or do what I did 2 weekends ago.

Fill everything up (both intercooler and resovoir tank), jump the pump relay. Then, by hand, compress the hose going into the intercooler pump to remove the air out (priming the pump). Keep doing this until you feel the fluid being pumped through the system. It takes a while and it is a pain to get your hand up there. However, it does work.

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
stolen from Narcosynthesis

ce6cce8f.jpg

8c117999.jpg

Which of the wires is the power. My test light shows no power at either pin. The only pin that has power is the one closest to the front of the car. My fuse is good. If I run power direct to the pump it works. Havnt tested to see if the connector at the pump has power yet.

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
Which of the wires is the power. My test light shows no power at either pin. The only pin that has power is the one closest to the front of the car. My fuse is good. If I run power direct to the pump it works. Havnt tested to see if the connector at the pump has power yet.

Update: I have no power at the pump.

DevilSun

Established Member
Check the fuse...mine was blown the other day (I think from having hoses reversed at hard lines)

YoungJim said:
If your pump isn't getting power, it is most likely F1.19 in your battery junction box. Its between the battery and the driver's-side strut tower. In the box itself, there are two rows of fuses on the inside-rear corner; you want third one from the front, on the outboard of the two rows. Drop me a PM if you need better steers. Jim. It could also be the relay, in the auxiliary fuse box, which is mounted in front of the passenger-side strut tower.
Came from http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/4585495-post2.html

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
One time I had to take a hose and blow water through the system... that did the trick.

Other times just driving the car will "jar" the air out

Users who are viewing this thread