Whats the stupidest thing you`ve ever saw while on duty?

Josh

Established Member
Well I`m not a LEO, maybe in the future. But once I seen a S10 get on the gas, kick out the tail end, over correct, and nail a mail box after making a right turn from a 4 way stop. This happined right in front of me, and behind me was a State Trooper. Thank god for that yodel because I think the Trooper was gonna get me for expired tags! :burnout:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
One of the stupidest things I have ever seen was a 82 year old woman pull into a parking space in front of her beauty salon. Instead of hitting the brakes she slammed on the gas pedal and went almost all the way through the store....Luckily no one, including the driver was hurt, but pulling up and seeing a Grand Marquis in a beauty salon was quite funny.

Ginsu

Established Member
OMG where do I begin??????

I guess I use to most recent....on Thursday morning I stopped a white Ford Ranger that had come from behind a shopping center. Since it was about 3 a.m. and there was no reason he should have been there. So I stop him.

Well it was unusually cold so I had not been in the mood to stop anyone that night so I did not have on my gloves. Anyway I approach the window and ask for the usual, license and insurance. About this time I notice the long but poofed up hair, WOMAN ear rings, make up, fur coat, stockings and mini skirt. Well this is all fine and dandy but this is a MAN!!!! driving the truck!

So I go back to my car and use just about a full bottle of hand sanitizer and then put on my gloves! Should have done that before I went up there the first time.

Anyway his license came back ok and there were no warrants so I did not get to take him to jail dressed like that. That would have been classic to drop him off dressed like that! We (morning watch) have a wall of shame that we put pics of the felon arrests and other just plain bone head's on...we this guy would have been a great addition!

SL 1993 R

Established Member
Which one is the dumbest, hard choice. There are so many stupid criminals out there...

The absolute stupidest though is a guy I was chasing for speeding. At the time I was working Motors and was on my Kawasaki 1000 Police Special. He was riding a smaller and older KZ 650. (The tag was so far expired, it was no longer in the DMV system, 7 years here in CA.) As I lit him up, he decided he would rather run. The pursuit was on. We come up to the next major intersection, half mile down, and he blows the red light at about 85-90 mph. He was able to split cross traffic, going behinc a car in the #1 lane, and just in front of a car in the #2 lane. There was maybe a gap of 20-25 feet for him to get through. I slammed on my binders and waited for traffic to yield to me, (a speeding ticket isn't worth me getting killed over). After traffic yields I take off. I'm starting to catch him again, and he blows another red light at about 90 again. I once again slow, and procede when safe. He ducks into a neighborhood and tries to loose me. Being a better rider, I'm starting to catch him again. We go around in this neighborhood for a couple streets and he eventually gets away. He is able to get through a shrubbed median with trees. The fairing on my bike wouldn't clear the low hanging branches, so I wouldn't fit through the opening. Once I get to the other side, he's gone. I figure I'll catch him next time. I compare notes with some of the other Motors and learn that two others have had similar chases with him..

A little over 2 months later I hear that CHP has a pursuit with my guy. He's trying his luck again at blowing through red lights. I start to move to that area, but before I get there, his luck at "red light roulette" runs out. He broadsides a car and kills himself. The person in the other car was shacken up, but not injured.:)

This guy was probably the stupidest I had run across....

I've since rotated off Motors into much more saner assignments..

:coolman: :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread