Wheel spacers? Whose got em? Pros and Cons

StangmanRob

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting some 1" spacers from americanmuscle. Anyone have them?, recommendations are welcome. I want to get different wheels eventually but i'm hoping some spacers will hold me over until then. Looks like they bolt on, then wheels bolt to them. I've always been told in the past spacers were a bad thing, any help will be appreciated.

mrxr250rider

Established Member
eibach 1" spacers

pros: great stance with 275's
cons: rub over large bumps,fenders need to be rolled or 3/4 spacers or smaller tires would fix the problem

good luck! you wont have this problem with every car from what ive read

SVT Pille

Established Member
I have the 1.5's from American Muscle, helped get my stock rim/245 flush with the fender but Im not crazy about how it looks from the back. Wouldn't go over 1" if I was to do it again.

My reccomendations...
245 1" spacer
275 .5" spacer
275+ none needed

SVT Pille

Established Member
Thanks guys,
SVT Pille do you have a pic from the back?

This is the best one I could find.

3.gif

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I have 1" spacers. Looks great, but I had to grind my stock studs quite a bit to get them to fit with my 96-97 wheels. I've heard that the 98 wheels work better and you don't have to grind.

StangmanRob

Established Member
Thanks Wynn! that was my next question. It says they only work with aftermarket wheels... I can handle some grinding if need be. Are those 18" wheels? damn they look good.

Looks good to me SVT Pille, Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:

pacific4v

Established Member
I have 1" spacers. Looks great, but I had to grind my stock studs quite a bit to get them to fit with my 96-97 wheels. I've heard that the 98 wheels work better and you don't have to grind.

How wide are your rims and tires? Do they sit flush with the 1" spacer?

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I had the 1" AM spacers with my stock 98 wheels with 245/45/17 nitto NT555 and they sat just right IMO. I did not have to grind the studs at all since the 98 wheels have the reliefs in the back of them. Dont think I have any pics though.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I HAD 1" Eibach Spacers. The tires rubbed on every steep hill to the point of one actually cut into my sidewall a little bit. But man, they looked great.

CobraSpacers.jpg

goldbomb79

Lurker
Established Member
I've had two sets of the cheap lrs 1 1/4 spacers. One on my old 98 gt, and one set on my 97 cobra before I switched to the deep dish cobras. I never had any rubbing issues with them, and yes my car is lowered. Also, with the 1 1/4 ones you don't have to grind the studs any.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Thanks Wynn! that was my next question. It says they only work with aftermarket wheels... I can handle some grinding if need be. Are those 18" wheels? damn they look good.

Looks good to me SVT Pille, Thanks for the pic!

They sit flush. I forgot I had to roll my drivers side fender a little.

img1270928223043.jpg

And my wheels are 17". Thanks for the compliments. They look a bit different now

956919919_photobucket_57590_.jpg

RSbeast

Established Member
I just took some 1" Eibach prospacers off my old setup if interested.

*shameless plug*

I only have pics on a 275/40/17 2004 Cobra wheel

12.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I have the 1.5's from American Muscle, helped get my stock rim/245 flush with the fender but Im not crazy about how it looks from the back. Wouldn't go over 1" if I was to do it again.

My reccomendations...
245 1" spacer
275 .5" spacer
275+ none needed

Joe, do your tires rub at all? annnddd wait do you still have stock suspension? lol

I think the stock rims with 275 Nitto DR's looks perfect with a 1" spacer.

Wynn, sorry to say man but your car used to look awesome with the normal machined wheels and spoiler on. Eh, as long as you enjoy it I guess that's what it's all about!

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Joe, do your tires rub at all? annnddd wait do you still have stock suspension? lol

I think the stock rims with 275 Nitto DR's looks perfect with a 1" spacer.

Wynn, sorry to say man but your car used to look awesome with the normal machined wheels and spoiler on. Eh, as long as you enjoy it I guess that's what it's all about!

Lol it was time for a change- I love black wheels on a white car. Drag wheels are next. OP just throw a 1"spacer on and be done with it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You also forgot to mention what diameter and width the rims you had were and what springs you had. :burnout:

18x9 wheels. 295/35 tires and H&R SS springs with poly isos

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread