Wheel / Tire combo?

gopats76

Established Member
Hey guys. I am currently on deployment and have been looking to replace my stock satins with a chrome wheel. The problem is before I left, I had just replaced my rear tires with brand new drag radials and my fronts are relatively new as well.

My current set up is 17x10.5 reps in back with stock up front. My car is lowered. Questions -
1. Is it that big of a difference between the look of the 18" chrome and the 17" that it would be worht the xtra $ for wheels and tires or should I just go with a 17" chrome and call it a day?

2. Has anyone known of a difference between the AFS chrome wheels and the ones from American Muscle and or Lethal Performance? They all say triple dipped chrome. I will say that Lethal's website has shown out of stock on these for quite some time.

3. If I do decide to spend the extra $ on 18's I was wondering what tire size would be needed for the rear and whether or not a spacer would be needed. i wouldn't think so on an 18 but...? I really like the look of the 18" BFG Drag radial. Just needed a size no matter what the brand though.

I know this topic has been addressed before and I should conduct a search of the forums but due to slow interent on board ship, there is not enough time in the day....

I appreciate any response or thoughts....

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
There are countless threads that should help you out...my experience,
I have the 17X10.5 chrome replicas from American Muscle. They have lasted a full year now and look great, no problems. I can't comment on the AFS replicas, but I have heard they are good. Now, I have thought to upgrade to 18"s myself, but the tires are a lot more expensive and I feel as if I would have too many rims laying around the house, lol, so as of now I'm very happy with the stock 17"s up front and 17X10.5 replicas from American Muscle out back.

gopats76

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I also said before though -"I know this topic has been addressed before and I should conduct a search of the forums but due to slow internet on board ship, there is not enough time in the day...."

Is there anyway you may have some pics to email me? [email protected] of how they look??

Users who are viewing this thread