which axle back with o/r x?

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Ive searched and searched... I cant decide.

I no longer have the car in my sig, I got a stock 2011 now. I have a o/r x on the way and I want something a tad louder than gt500s, any suggestions? Jba, kooks?

I had gt500s, o/r x, and resonator deletes on my 12.. it sounded good but I wanted louder, I even had roush but we all know how ridiculous that is lol.

RyannB

Established Member
Ive searched and searched... I cant decide.

I no longer have the car in my sig, I got a stock 2011 now. I have a o/r x on the way and I want something a tad louder than gt500s, any suggestions? Jba, kooks?

I had gt500s, o/r x, and resonator deletes on my 12.. it sounded good but I wanted louder, I even had roush but we all know how ridiculous that is lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k34PLDcK5bk&list=UUcFdJcgaDW5UZavXFiX8nYQ
I run O/R H Pipe with Roush Axle-Backs haha isn't terribly loud until you step on it.

12mustang5.0

Established Member
Lol i ordered some roush axle backs because i thought i wasnt getting the o/r pipe i ended up buying it too lets see how loud is it lol
Is this set up really loud at highway speeds??
I really dont care how loud when wot i do alot of long hr driving and i will hate to spend more money on another exhaust

RyannB

Established Member
Lol i ordered some roush axle backs because i thought i wasnt getting the o/r pipe i ended up buying it too lets see how loud is it lol
Is this set up really loud at highway speeds??
I really dont care how loud when wot i do alot of long hr driving and i will hate to spend more money on another exhaust

There is some slight drone at highway speeds but nothing terrible. If you have radio on you should be fine.

Rct851

Established Member
I just got home from a little drive and honestly the or/x and roush setup is so terrible it makes me want to sell the whole damn car. I'm about to go throw the stockers back on.

I can't even accelerate from a red light fast enough to keep up with the rest I traffic without feeling embarrassed because it sounds so raspy, clanky and rattling. Now hang around and I'll tell you how I really feel

scott_0

Established Member
I just got home from a little drive and honestly the or/x and roush setup is so terrible it makes me want to sell the whole damn car. I'm about to go throw the stockers back on.

I can't even accelerate from a red light fast enough to keep up with the rest I traffic without feeling embarrassed because it sounds so raspy, clanky and rattling. Now hang around and I'll tell you how I really feel
yeah man, I dont how people can run an off road pipe with Roush AB's and not feel like heathens, I mean its the kind of loud where people look at you and shake their head, then they want it louder so they have the resonators ripped out :nonono:

Rct851

Established Member
That's pretty consistent on here, that the H sounds better. Either way these are about to be for sale.

Jbstang87

Established Member
Borla s type. Youll have a deep loud sound 90% of the time. Put some bullets in there and its just an an old 2v sound while puttin around town

momogt

Established Member
im tired of loud im going back to stock axle back with jba h-pipe hi-flow cats and summit glass packs in place of resonators my current heartthrob flowpacks just way to loud

CoreyHM1

Established Member

Lmao thats exactly how I felt :xpl:

I got some custom welded flowmaster 40s axle back from a friend with corsa tips im going to try first, it was only $50 so why not lol. Last resort? Maybe ill end up back on the gt500 bandwagon

speedsun

Established Member
I have o/r x with kooks axlebacks. stock over axle pipes.

Its not too quiet but slight drone at cruise. Its a great sound with throttle tho.

Users who are viewing this thread