Which Radiator to get???

MalcolmV8

Established Member
That's a stock replacement for a GT, not a Terminator radiator. That is a significant downgrade from stock.

Yeah I grabbed one of those back in the day from rockauto.com because they listed it as for Cobra. It's way thin and quite the downgrade. I just sent it back.

I have a hardly used at all Mishimoto sitting in my garage with original box and packing to ship if someone's interested. Shoot me a PM.

BadSonicBlueSVT

Established Member
I ran into this problem also. The radiator I've been running on my car was a LFP pro comp with stock fan setup. Ran flawlessly and I've never had a cooling problem. The new radiator and fan want be reinstalled until late next week. Same setup though. I will update if I have any issues.

BadSonicBlueSVT

Established Member
I ran into this problem also. The radiator I've been running on my car was a LFP pro comp with stock fan setup. Ran flawlessly and I've never had a cooling problem. The new radiator and fan want be reinstalled until late next week. Same setup though. I will update if I have any issues.

Got my car back Wednesday. Ran good and the fitment of the LFP pro comp was good. Ordered fan from cj pony parts stock replacement cobra fan. The catch is after about 45 minutes of cruising went unto a deep curve and the car began to overheat. Brought it home and began the burping process post earlier in this thread. Problem solved.

TX03DSG

Established Member
I put a Fluidyne 3 core unit in that fit great all I had to adjust were 2 ac lines on the right side and it has 1/8th inch clearance. In texas temps over 100* and never have had any cooling issues in the last 2 years.

dpancer

Established Member
Ok bringing this thread back up. Does anybody else have some more success stories to share with new radiators? I'm still running my mishimoto, but now with a Mark VIII fan FULLY SHROUDED. I also Installed a huge new air dam to keep pressures in check (this did make a small difference). Killer chiller is installed so I do need to drive with the AC on continuously. Also have a 170 Reische installed.

My temps creep up just pass 200F for normal driving. I always drive with my phone monitoring AIT2s and coolant and have never let it get passed 220F but it gets right up there after some hard constant pushes. They go down very very slowly afterwards.

I'm tired of this, i cant enjoy the car.

I think its time to bite the bullet and get rid of this mishitmoto.

LFP? Fluidyne? 3 core, 2 core? It would be great to get a few more testimonials.
I was also thinking of replacing the stock water pump with an Evans pump (not electric). This would be cheaper route than a new radiator but I have no idea if this alone will get me the cooling that I'm looking for.

thanks!

Last edited:

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
are yall with the mishimoto radiators burping your coolant systems properly?
i have the stock radiator and in texas heat in traffic in the high 90's ill see the needle on the temp guage slightly passed half way but after pulls its slightly below the half way mark.
wanting to change to a fluidyne or LFP soon. will be watching this thread closely.

svtshadow

Banned
i have the stock radiator and in texas heat in traffic in the high 90's ill see the needle on the temp guage slightly passed half way but after pulls its slightly below the half way mark.
wanting to change to a fluidyne or LFP soon. will be watching this thread closely.

I would assume with a gauge your are seeing over 225F. At 220 my needle is still in the same place.

dpancer

Established Member

Yes, properly burbped. There is no air in the system. Every now and then I check the cross over tube for air and its always full right up to the cap.

And the needle in our cars suck. You should use your handheld tuner to record temps, or a phone with some sort of OBD2 dongle.

On another note I would like to add another specific for my case: when I purchased this car it had a head cooling mod on it. After a bit of research I have came to conclusion that it was an old aspen head cooling kit. I replaced the plastic "T" fitting with a brass fitting. Do you think this could be a problem in relation to flow of coolant?

IMG_20140222_205011_zps02a9df29.jpg

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I have been running the LFP radiator for over 5 years now on my turbo car makeing a lot of power and I have never had one issue with the car getting hot. Even stop and go traffic in 100 degree weather I am very impressed with there build quality and it's way thinker than the stock rad.

Users who are viewing this thread