Whipple Meth injection project

itSSlow98

Established Member
Wikipedia is the biggest joke. No point in arguing I've seen it first hand. Water does cool better then the meth but they both have cooling qualities. Alcohol injection systems recommended 100% meth for me, and my brother uses 100% in his grand national. I know all about it.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Haha yeah Im pretty sure that 2004silvercobra is correct. 50/50 mix is the ideal and most efficient.

Last edited:

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
after alot of research, I pulled the trigger and ordered a whipple spacer that will be used for the installation of meth injection post blower - pre intercooler...

here is the whipple spacer I ordered
23whipplespacer.jpg

Would you mind posting up the dimensions of that plate and the bolt hole spacing when you get it? I'd like to see if that would work with a 2.1L KB.

...I have been using this since these cars have came out and have done a ton of research and water doesn't ignite so that is your cooling part of the process and meth will cool to a small point but does ignite and doesn't cool like water will and is why you add water to the process...

Water will drop charge temps "better" than methanol, but it has nothing to do with whether or not it ignites in the combustion chamber. Water has a greater latent heat of vaporization than methanol, meaning that it "consumes" more heat when evaporating/vaporizing than methanol does. That's chemistry 101.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm curious as to those that say spraying water/meth pre blower is not beneficial. Do you have data to back this up or you guys just making it up based on what you think?
I'm in the process of installing a water/meth kit myself and I've called a few of the manufactures such as Snow Performance who said they've done a lot of dyno testing and found ZERO gains from spraying pre blower and post blower and he was talking about tests on an 03 Cobra specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread