White smoke upon start up?

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Anyone ever experience your car puffing out a pretty good amount of white smoke right at start up? Mine did this today after a short drive. I came home, ran inside to get something came back out, fired it up and it happened. I turned the car off, it started right back up, and ran fine for the rest of the day. Anyone one else ever have this happen, or know what would cause this to happen? By the way the car only has about 5,500 miles on the clock.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
White smoke is usually coolant burning, could possibly be a leaking head gasket.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Mine does this when it`s cooler out,even when the car is at normal temp,no coolant/head gasket issues.I believe is has do to the fact that i`m catless.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
does the smoke go away after awhile? Check the dipstick for foam on the oil.

It goes away after the car idles for a bit. It just happened again in the parking lot at the gym, but all in all the car seems to run just fine. I wouldn't think it would be a head gasket. I am also catless as well.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Mine does this as well.

I was told it was my valve guides.

I start it up a puff of smoke comes out and then it goes right away.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Do a search! Its a common thing with our cars and I think what your seeing is light blue smoke. My car did it until I put an oil separator on it. Pull The passenger side rear spark plug. I bet it looks different than the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread