Who else has had troubled Cobras?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Who else has/had troubled Cobras?

The car has had problems since 500 miles on the odometer.

2004 Cobra
BOTH heads replaced
Supercharger replaced
TOB replaced

These are pretty significant problems considering my car has ~14K miles on it. Hopefully all the "bugs" are out of it, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

alex46stang

Established Member
My 2003 was always in the shop, ford probably had 8000 in warranty work in it before they lemoned it. My 2004 has only been in for minor stuff.

swami

Established Member
i bought my '03 from the original 58 year old lady owner (the mother of a co-worker) who told me it had never been in for warranty work. the only problem i've had was cd's sticking in the radio. they replaced it once and it did it again; the remedy is to slide a credit card in above the top of the cd because the changer doesn't angle down enough to let it slide out normally sometimes?

Jgruggs

Established Member
My June of 03 vert with 24,800 miles has been thru 1 TOB and clutch and that was partly my fault , I set up the firewall adjuster and quad too tight and ruined the clutch trying to get the chrip out. Installed the clutch spring kit and no more problems.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I am sorry to hear that. You know what is weird is that some people absolutely beat the shit out of their cars and never have any problems at all. Some aren't as lucky and have all sorts of headaches for what appears to be no apparent reason.

I have seen threads where a bone stock and relatively new car has been in the shop like 10 different times in a matter of several months.

I have been one of the lucky ones. Three years, 26,000 pulley'd miles, and it has never been back to the dealer for any reason.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
The only problem I ever had was the rear-end "tink" which was fixed under warranty. Not exactly a show stopping problem.

No other issues. The car is totally reliable and I even track race it a few times per year.

turfman

Established Member
mine needed the throwout bearing and the radiator cooling fan replaced at 10,000 mi.-
both under warranty.

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
I don't think my car even remembers what the dealership looks like it hasn't been back in so long.

Seriously, Ford gave me a hell of a car. It has taken everything I've thrown at it and then some. :bowdown:

DitchTehFish

Established Member
If it was practical, I'd sell my Cobra for an 02/03 z06 in a HEARTBEAT, but it's not. Luckly, the dealer has been very good to me for all the warranty work.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Only thing was a TOB but now I have this clicking sound coming from the speaker on the passenger side door. It did it once before months back and stopped by itself. Now its none stop.

Juiced-03

Established Member
My car has never had any of the typical problems, but all of a sudden it needs all of the wear and tear items replaced at the same time (all brakes, suspension, both foglights, idlers bearings, rack bushings, plugs). The deck is broken, AC doesn't work, the paint needs a lot of touch up, and I hate my exhaust. I know a lot of it is simple stuff, but frankly I don't want to deal with it. As soon as I find something else, I think I'm going to jump on it. Not sure what I want though. I'm just bored with my car.

Users who are viewing this thread