who still has the original windshield/3rd brake light?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
with the 3rd brake light, i meant uncracked....

Good thread Tony!:rockon::beer:
I was wondering this too.

Mine are both unhurt originals @ 25K.

Following cars (closely to get a point by quicker) with slicks and R compounds in intermediate group though, is likely to get me a cracked windshield sooner or later.

Fortunately they are not expensive to replace with a real Carlite. Demand Carlite auto replacement glass .

Last edited:

G04cobra

Established Member
My windshield was original :nonono: It cracked as I turned on my defroster the other day. How much do these go for?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
both original windshield and third brake light here too. Mine got a small chip the first year I owned it, none the last 5 years.
this last year my seal cracked around the edge and seperated, so.. since you have to remove the windshield to replace this, a new one is going in this spring.

Quagmire

Established Member
Windshield still good, third brake light crack driver's side. Brake light is a pos just dont want to spend the 130 bucks to replace lol. 22k and going strong

03blackmach1

Established Member
I just bought an OEM windshield for an '03 mach1 from a distributer for 256.00. I hit a deer,so I needed it replaced.the old one(before the deer) had only one chip with 47,100 miles.the light is perfect.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if anythings been changed but I doubt it. 22k on her.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
33k miles and had the stock windshield till this past April and still have the stock 3rd light
:beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
When i worked at Strictly Performance, it seemed like every Cobra that came through had a busted 3rd brake light. Almost everyone said theirs happened when they would have a friend push their car onto a trailer or up to the staging lanes and they'd push from the wing area.

as for the windshields, it really does shock me. I don't know if it's angle of installation or just a different manufacturer but if i went through all my invoices i wouldn't doubt it if 40% of all repairs were on GM vehicles, and most of the time it was a new car/truck with paper plates and their glass would always have a fresh chip

Jefe

Established Member
When i worked at Strictly Performance, it seemed like every Cobra that came through had a busted 3rd brake light. Almost everyone said theirs happened when they would have a friend push their car onto a trailer or up to the staging lanes and they'd push from the wing area.

as for the windshields, it really does shock me. I don't know if it's angle of installation or just a different manufacturer but if i went through all my invoices i wouldn't doubt it if 40% of all repairs were on GM vehicles, and most of the time it was a new car/truck with paper plates and their glass would always have a fresh chip

Whats your cost on a Cobra windshield? Aftermarket? What do you charge insurance companies? Just curious...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i think it's $135 without the pony/sunscreen dots and like $205 with. (the autoglass manufacturers are proud of that
we charge $100 for pickup/delivery/materials/install/disposal of old glass

Jefe

Established Member
That is cheap! The Roush windshield was like $415 I think. I do glass claims every week and have rarely seen any under $350

I didnt know you could get the running pony still. Isnt that an OE only piece? Thats why I said I have the stock windshield...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
our warehouse has a HUGE stockpile of OE pieces that they just bought up toward the end of production runs, i believe
some are just more expensive than others, not sure why the Roush came through at that price though. i know my dad's pissed that i can't get a replacement piece for his 6-series for anything under than $900

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That is cheap! The Roush windshield was like $415 I think. I do glass claims every week and have rarely seen any under $350

I didnt know you could get the running pony still. Isnt that an OE only piece? Thats why I said I have the stock windshield...

yea when mine was replaced in April it came w/ the pony on it again.

Users who are viewing this thread