Why is it so difficult to get KB non slip pulley?

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I tried to purchase a RR or BF Non Slip pulley about 6 weeks ago from a major vendor on here. Called a couple of times trying to work out the size etc and never really had any success.

Got tired of that baloney and bought a regular one direct from KB.

From there I went to Dyno the car and get belt slip. No problem, I bought a tighter belt. That helped some, but to do it right I need a non slip, Fine.

Last week I needed to order up some clutch parts. I decided I wanted to order the stuff all from the same place to make it simple.

I called the vendor back and spoke with someone else about the pulley and it seemed to be going better. Did the whole e-mail the pulley size chart for the different style of hubs that KB has.

I sent back the info that it was the middle one on the chart.

Now, during this timeframe I decided to post in the Market that I was looking for a 3" RR KB pulley. I tried to post a request in the Terminator market. It must not have gotten approved. I read the rules and I am fairly certain I followed them. I have since seen other requests for pulleys get approved. Today I made another similar request that doesn't seem to be getting approved. Can't win for losing.

I e-mailed Reichard Racing the company over the weekend and go no response, so I called them today with no answer.

I haven't gotten an answer from the vendor either on availability.

Anyone else have this much pain trying to get their RR pulley for KB?

I guess I can't win for losing. Geez, what does a guy have to do to buy a pulley around here. :cryying::cryying::cryying::cryying:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Good point, I need to ask mods. Really it's more of a vendor rant than anything else.

Here is a KB pulley hub chart to help anyone else that needs to see it. Copied from another guy on here, forgot his handle.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dakota, are you sure Billetflow has steel pullies for the KB? I hadn't heard that so I checked Doug's website and there is no reference to a steel pulley anywhere. They're all 6061-T6 billet aluminum. Their interchangeable sets have a steel hub and aluminum pulley ring. Maybe their website isn't up to date?

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Dakota, are you sure Billetflow has steel pullies for the KB? I hadn't heard that so I checked Doug's website and there is no reference to a steel pulley anywhere. They're all 6061-T6 billet aluminum. Their interchangeable sets have a steel hub and aluminum pulley ring. Maybe their website isn't up to date?

Bob, the steel hub is supposedly better than the aluminum pulley to steel KB shaft. Kenne Bell REALLY does not like the Aluminum on the input shaft and has written a bunch of negatives on it and has pictures of some oval'ed out mounting holes on some RR pulleys. KB could just solve the dilemma by making some nicer non slip pulleys, but they haven't so far.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Tim, I know the steel hub is better for the KB. My point was that I don't see a steel pulley on the Billetflow site. I thought Dakota was saying Billetflow makes a steel pulley. Which I don't think they do. Doug does have the steel hub/aluminum pulley ring interchangeable setup. :)

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Do not run an aluminum pulley on your KB. It will take out the drive. The way the pulley system works is through a friction drive, steel on steel. We all know what happens when you rub aluminum against steel, right it transfers the soft aluminum to the steel then heats up and fuse's the pulley to the seal ring and pulley bolt. We have them come back often.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../667093-reichard-racing-pulleys-good-bad.html

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Also from what the website has.Kenne Bell does not warranty the supercharger when used with another brand besides KB Pullies.

Ttony,are you running a Aux Idler? If so what size?
Question that comes to mind when your talking about belt slip.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
With 8 ribs and proper belt tension, you should have ZERO slip with an off the shelf KB pulley.

If you can get the belt on and off without having to use the 'remove the blower pulley then put it all on at once' method, the belt isnt small enough.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
With 8 ribs and proper belt tension, you should have ZERO slip with an off the shelf KB pulley.

If you can get the belt on and off without having to use the 'remove the blower pulley then put it all on at once' method, the belt isnt small enough.

Well, I need to try a smaller belt then. If the belt has to be that tight are you guys seeing the belts wear really fast?

Are you using a manual tensioner to get it this tight?

If using the stock tensioner how tight and post pics.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Do not run an aluminum pulley on your KB. It will take out the drive. The way the pulley system works is through a friction drive, steel on steel. We all know what happens when you rub aluminum against steel, right it transfers the soft aluminum to the steel then heats up and fuse's the pulley to the seal ring and pulley bolt. We have them come back often.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../667093-reichard-racing-pulleys-good-bad.html

Ok, I understand the theory and have read the thread. How are the Billet Flow pulleys doing with the steel hub? That sounds like a good way to do it to me, but I like to verify.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Also from what the website has.Kenne Bell does not warranty the supercharger when used with another brand besides KB Pullies.

Ttony,are you running a Aux Idler? If so what size?
Question that comes to mind when your talking about belt slip.

100mm Steeda. I will change to a 100mm Dual Bearing Metco when funds allow.

Which idler seems to get the most force on it? Not all of mine are dual bearing yet but I want the one with the most force on it to be asap.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Im using Billetflow and dont have any slip.Also if im not mistaken KB recommends running there pullies cause they use 6 ribbed pulleys.Something how the KB works.

GodStang

Established Member
Im using Billetflow and dont have any slip.Also if im not mistaken KB recommends running there pullies cause they use 6 ribbed pulleys.Something how the KB works.

Um... my Kenne Bell pulley is 8 ribbed... also use grammar check and spell check if you are trying to slam someone. :kaboom:

DSCN2079.jpg

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Um... my Kenne Bell pulley is 8 ribbed... also use grammar check and spell check if you are trying to slam someone. :kaboom:

DSCN2079.jpg

I read on the site that they used 6 ribbed.That must be on certain vehicles.Also how was i trying to slam someone?I was saying they pick there pullies for warranty and something how they work better. No being smartass.

Users who are viewing this thread