Why is this so cheap?

99v6stang

Established Member
i cant help to say if its got all you need but i can say if it does you can trust that site so dont be afraid of that.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i only payed $281 for my spec stage 1 at a local shop, not bad if you ask me, thats not including the fluids either. UPR is respectable, i say go for it, it might turn out to be a good clutch

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Well you can pick up the King Cobra clutch for $180-190 new, its still a good deal, just that clutch just doesn't cost a lot of money compared to the other aftermarket clutchs available.

tcstang17

Established Member
looks like everything king cobra clutches are cheap i have one good holding power slightly less pedal effort i recommend it and you can definitely trust UPR

PPFProFitter

Established Member
Mine was slipping so I called my buddy up in Indiana, who's been building them his whole life I think. He hooked me up with a spec and it works great. The place is called South Bend Clutch.

I couldn't find a better price anywhere, but I have known him since I was little.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
You get what you pay for imo. UPR I've heard is hit and miss, and if you miss, from my understanding you might as well forget customer service and reshop for new parts. Personally my stage 1 spec done good service, but my style of driving, along with aggressive driving, nitrous, and drag radials put her in the grave a lot sooner than expected. Clutch done an awesome job while it held up though, just what I put down was too much.

Blacknsilvr

2ND Shift Racing
Established Member
I've been looking to get a new clutch and came across this. Why is this so cheap? Is it missing something I would need to do a basic clutch replacement?

MUSTANG-UPR Products.com

Wish Ida found that two months ago when I ordered my ram clutch and BBK cable kit. Thats a good price for the King Cobra and cable. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...........

Users who are viewing this thread