wierd rev

98svtdoyle

Established Member
wen i rev the car it takes a while for the rpms to drop off...i went to autozone cuz my engine light comes on and off sometimes and they said i needed new o2 sensors....would that be the problem? im gonna to replace those and do a tuneup on the car to see how it runs....any other suggestions would help.

mrspindlelegs

Established Member
Although it may be possible that bad O2 sensors could be causing your problem, it sounds much more like the classic "throttle hang" problem that most Contours have:

Beginners How To: Throttle Hang Fix

Sometimes vacuum leaks around the intake system can cause the car to throw certain O2 sensor failure codes. Do you know the exact codes? They should be in the form of the letter P followed by 4 digits.

98svtdoyle

Established Member
Although it may be possible that bad O2 sensors could be causing your problem, it sounds much more like the classic "throttle hang" problem that most Contours have:

Beginners How To: Throttle Hang Fix

Sometimes vacuum leaks around the intake system can cause the car to throw certain O2 sensor failure codes. Do you know the exact codes? They should be in the form of the letter P followed by 4 digits.

unfortunately i didnt write the codes down but if i cant find the problem ill go back and post them here. thanks

98svtdoyle

Established Member
im goin to try the copper pipe cap trick and see how that does...but when i was bored today i was fiddling around with the car and noticed the secondary linkage was completly not hooked up...fixed that and went for a drive....what a hell of a difference haha

Users who are viewing this thread