Wife gets double whammy - need advice

morten

Hi. After owning my SVT Contour for only a couple of weeks, my wife and I were out for dinner. Since I had three drinks, I asked her to drive home. She told me that she had forgotten her driver's license at home. I told her better to drive with no license than for me to drive.

On the way home, we get pulled over for speeding 75 in a 60 (kilometres) zone. (My wife really didn't know how deceptive the CSVT was in terms of speed). But, in addtion to the speeding fine, she was issued an expensive ticket for failing to show a license.

Is it worth fighting the "failing to show" ticket?

stunts

Established Member
I know that in Kansas (where I grew up) you had a specified number of days to present your license to the Police Department if you recieved such a ticked, at which point it would be dismissed. I dont know the spcifics for Canada though....

Ginsu

Established Member
This is hard to answer since I am also unfamiliar with Canadian law. But most likely not because if your wife faught it then she and you would be out right lieing and pergering her selve and still most likely loose. Judges, prosecuters and cops are used to being lied to by the vast majority of people. An option that you may try (again unfamiliar with Canadian law) is to contact the prosecution and see if it can be dismissed if she brings in a valid license that was in effect prior to the traffic stop.

Users who are viewing this thread