Will I need a bump steer kit?

RedFord96

Established Member
I tried searching, and didn't come up with anything directly pertaining to my question, so I hope I didn't overlook it in my search. Also, I realize my car isn't a Terminator, but I've never heard anything of Ford drastically changing the front suspension for this chassis. Anyways, my question:

I'm going to be installing some H&R springs and Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates, and I need to know if I'll NEED a bump steer kit and/or Steeda X2 ball joints to keep my front suspension geometry from going horribly wrong. I don't want to install the springs and plates only to find out my car handles terribly because I didn't install all the parts necessary for a drop.

I don't know if this helps in answering at all, but I don't autocross or race my car, it's only a daily driver.

Thanks for any help!

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I don't know if you absolutely need the bump steer kit. I know my buddy didn't use them on his 96 Cobra, but for peace of mind you might as well get them. I just ordered race springs, caster/camber plates, and Steeda bump steer kit for my car. Better safe than sorry I guess.

shurur

Established Member
Not absolutely needed for a DD...but you sound like someone who has attention to detail...IMO get an alignment after 1k+ spring settle time...and save up at your leisure for bumpsteer, x-2 ball joints, GW delrin bushings and AL rack bushings...then replace steering rag-joint/shaft later.

NOTE: Setup MM CC plates to non-ford-default for better (in the green) DD alignment settings on lowered car without steeda x-2's (for now).
Read MM CC instructions.

Note and Warning: Steeda X-2 ball joints will raise your spindle and lower the front ~ 1/2".
You and I are traveling down the same road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread