Will this set up rub?

03MTLMach1

Established Member
I'm ordering my fr500's in the next few days and I just want to make sure I won't have any rubbing issues...
17x9 and 17x10.5's wrapped in 275/40 and 315/35...
Will this rub on the exhaust or in the wheel wells or whatever with a 1.5 inch drop??

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
There is around 1.5-2 inches of space between the tire and the wheel well.

space.jpg

Here is the amount of room between the 315's and stock exhaust.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I had 315 Nittos on 17x10.5 AFS wheels and I rubbed the exhaust on the passenger side (Borla Stingers)

03MTLMach1

Established Member
Well I hope I won't rub... I'll be running 315's with a eibach prokit or steeda sport springs... I'm running the SLP exhaust if that changes anything...

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Well I hope I won't rub... I'll be running 315's with a eibach prokit or steeda sport springs... I'm running the SLP exhaust if that changes anything...

It all depends on its routing. Borla took a wide approach when going around the fuel-tank; their exhaust even prevented me from running a panhard bar.

JMach1

Established Member
damn. don't isos typically not lower the car as much? because I was under the impression that removing isos actually lowers it a bit more as well as the lca's. I don't see how you should have any rubbing issues honestly, but the exhaust like you said may since its a different setup.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Thats why I put the MM iso's in there. I liked the H&R SS spring rate, but didn't want it too low. I had no fender rubbing whatsoever, even if stock iso's were in.

this picture shows the setup I mentioned earlier
P1000425%20(resize).jpg

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I had issues with 10.5 inch rears wrapped in Eagle gs d3 315/35/17. My rear suspension set up is equipped with Steeda lowering springs, mega byte junior upper and lower controls with tokico 5 ways. Every time I'd take a curve at any speed the outer wheel wall would rub on the top of the wheel well flare. The sharp lip was cutting into my sidewalls and carving rubber away. It ruined the drivers side tire completely.

I brought the car to a mechanic friend, he took a hammer and a dolly and rolled the metal lip up flat into the wheel well. This stopped the carving but they still rub a little if I'm extreme cornering.

I think I'm going to purchase some sort or rear chassis stiffing to see I cant stop the rolling.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Thats why I put the MM iso's in there. I liked the H&R SS spring rate, but didn't want it too low. I had no fender rubbing whatsoever, even if stock iso's were in.

this picture shows the setup I mentioned earlier
P1000425%20(resize).jpg

did you all iso's in front and rear top and bottem. your car has a crazy rake it looks good though.

03MTLMach1

Established Member
when you take the iso's off does it have any negative effects on the ride??
I'm looking at the eibach pro kit springs... will this lower the car 1.5? or 1.0? since the mach is already 0.5 lower than a gt... anyone running prokit with pics here?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
did you all iso's in front and rear top and bottem. your car has a crazy rake it looks good though.

there were MM isos on both top and bottom. The hill is what makes it look like it has a rake. I had it pretty level by adjusting the LCAs.

when you take the iso's off does it have any negative effects on the ride??
I'm looking at the eibach pro kit springs... will this lower the car 1.5? or 1.0? since the mach is already 0.5 lower than a gt... anyone running prokit with pics here?

Not really. You will have metal to metal contact between the A-arm and the spring and will hear some clunking. If you want a lower look than mine, just run the stock iso's and it will be about 1/4"-1/2" lower Prokit is about the same loweing as the H&R SS springs I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread