window

svtbird99

Established Member
hey guys my window wont rollup but it does roll down lol.... anyways i need to get this part from the junk yard cus brand new i only found it for 65bucks the cheapest. so my question is , Can i replace the part from any 98 and up contour i find? the motor works fine but the cable that it uses to go up and down snapped. thanks in advance guys.

Recoveryone

Established Member
I take it that your talking electric window? if so it may not be the cable but rather the pad control (more common the issue) and yes you can swap it out with another from a junk car.:coolman: duh miss read your post you already know its the cable........I'm sure it will work

Last edited:

ProfessionalSVT

Hey i hear you have the same problem i had with my front passenger window...i looked for the part, which is called a regulator, at the junk-yard also, but they were charging a little too much, so i looked on ebay and got mine for $10 bid shipping included..Username is midnightautoparts..fast shipping and great price!! hope this helps

svtbird99

Established Member
yep i got the thing from my junkyard already and installed it that same day. i paid 20 bucks for it and it looks brand new.... when i took my old one out it was torrup the plastics parts that hold the cables in place were all messed up and the cable was all twisted . thanks again for all your guys help.

Users who are viewing this thread