Windows 8 Pro Upgrade $40

greenflash00

Established Member
Great news for PC users....looks like Microsoft is following Apple's lead in the OS pricing department as well. It's about time honestly. $200 for an OS is just retarded.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Upgraded from Vista to 7 on my Vaio about a year ago. Will probably do the same with 8 (especially for $40).

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
This! Even though I've been using it for5 months

Win8?

I loaded it on a virtualbox a while back and played with it. Seemed neat but still needs polishing.

Would give it a try when I build a new rig. This 2008 rig ive been on is getting slow after all this time....

Fuerza

Established Member
Pretty sweet deal! I was going to upgrade my wife's laptop to windows 7, but with this deal I might as well go to Window's 8.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Eehh. New does not mean better. Cant wait to see all the bitching threads.

sent using G'Zone Commando

ViciousJay

Established Member
Win8?

I loaded it on a virtualbox a while back and played with it. Seemed neat but still needs polishing.

Would give it a try when I build a new rig. This 2008 rig ive been on is getting slow after all this time....

Yea i started with Developer and loved it, tried consumer and hated it! now that its on RC im really digging it and have forced myself to use it as my main OS at home

here...

part1pa.png

part2jq.png

FordGTGuy

Established Member
OK, good. Cause i've been in the market for a new laptop and will probably pick one up this weekend.

Thanks

If you buy a laptop or desktop prebuilt with Windows 7 you will be able to upgrade for $15.

Yea i started with Developer and loved it, tried consumer and hated it! now that its on RC im really digging it and have forced myself to use it as my main OS at home

here...

part1pa.png

part2jq.png

People are having a problem with it because they don't understand that the tile screen is actually the new start menu and it's new style makes it easier and faster to access the programs you use 99% of the time your turn on your computer. I'm not a fan that they got rid of the Start button altogether and it's probably going to cause some confusion but I'm sure Windows 8 will have a tutorial after install.

Last edited:

KurtDog

Established Member
I'll stick with 7 for a while on my desktop. I don't think I will like 8.

Users who are viewing this thread