WOW...What a difference

jjhirsch

Established Member
Since I purchased my 98 CSVT itr has had a CEL light for Code P1518. Which turned out to be a stuck open IMRC...So I replaced the IMRC last night and drove it today and all I can say is Holy Difference Batman....Car really came alive and really wakes up around 4K......Now this car is fun to drive again!!!!

Thanks for all who helped!!

Jonathan

wudekstyle

Established Member
:thumbsup: Now leave off the cover or modify it to let the air escape from under it so it won't happen again.

jjhirsch

Established Member
Whats the best way to modify it?? Mine was stuck open due to the cable rubbing against the pulley and rubbing through the cable.....I fixed that....No on to the cover??

PlatoSVT

Established Member
It's a preventative thing, since the temps get too hot under there for the IMRC electronics to function correctly for it's entire life. A nifty thing some people have done, is cut out a square/rectangle in the cover, and put mesh in there. Doesn't look to shabby, and it cools the temps down considerably. Search around on CEG in aesthetics, there's a couple posts, or one big one about it. KingpinSVT has done it, so if you need personal help, try PM'ing him, but he won't have internet back up for a week or so, so just wait.

Users who are viewing this thread