wow, when i **** something up i do it good

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
went to the local ice skating rink last friday (aka, the dragstrip) and broke on my second run. wheel hop was intense to say the least. anyway, grab second and boom, car stops moving. get towed off the track then towed to work. start the car, put it in gear and then let he clutch out, of course nothing happens. look under the car and the drive shaft is not turning. okay i snapped the input shaft no big deal. ordered everything for a 26spline conv. and take the trans out. as i am removing the driveshaft bolts i notice the left rear wheel is not turning when i rotate the shaft. sure enough a broken axle, makes sense with all the wheel hop. i thought for sure it was the trans. pull the trans out anyway since i have the parts coming and ill be damned, the input shaft is broken also!! i somehow managed to snap an axle and an input shaft at the same time, on stock radials :)

so the axle was going to be 400 from ford, i got a complete 8.8 solid for 500. to hell with the irs i say.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
change your sig.. BPU is supra crap

BPU = basic power (or performance) upgrades, so if he has your standard bolton/tune, then I dont see why it wouldnt apply. Just because its a term more used in a certain community does not mean its any less wrong.

Thats like if someone said they were running 1.5bar's of boost in their sig, would you be like "Change it to PSI, thats metric crap!"?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
BPU = basic power (or performance) upgrades, so if he has your standard bolton/tune, then I dont see why it wouldnt apply. Just because its a term more used in a certain community does not mean its any less wrong.

Thats like if someone said they were running 1.5bar's of boost in their sig, would you be like "Change it to PSI, thats metric crap!"?

hell yeah, this is america. metric is for eurofags.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member

were in america! SAE! english! AMERICAN MUSCLE! I have never in my life hear a guy say his cobra has BPU and 1.5 Bars of psi.

ricky bobby said it best"I speak american because were in america"

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
were in america! SAE! english! AMERICAN MUSCLE! I have never in my life hear a guy say his cobra has BPU and 1.5 Bars of psi.

ricky bobby said it best"I speak american because were in america"

SAE huh? go outside and tell me what size bolts are on your driveshaft, or your headers, or intake manifold... ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sucks that you had two breaks at the same time, but like some said, at least you're now getting an upgrade that will probably work well for you. Let us know how you like the SRA setup when it's installed.

Users who are viewing this thread