StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
The Mark Lt from pg1. installed.

marklt2_zpsb85eecd8.jpg

marklt_zpsf170a296.jpg

Edward

Established Member
Those are sweet color-matched housings. How much for a set for a Lightning?

-Edward

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
303511_563228900371059_813564332_n.jpg

20010_563228877037728_1635211188_n.jpg

Im doing a set now for a Lightning thats very well known in the Lightning community. Or if you've ever picked up Truckin the mag ;)

Deric

Established Member
What do you know about retrofitsource.com?

I want to put a complete HID kit in my sport bike. The one they sell for sport bikes costs $150 for the kit. But I want the fx r kit, which is $300 or so. Everything seems to be the same except for the projector and the cost.

Could I buy the moto kit (150) and the fx r projectors ($150) and pay exactly what I would gave paid for the fx r kit but I'll have extra parts ?

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Damn, I did like.. what, 3 sets this year? All of em marauders to.

Keep it up, more retrofits means less chance of poverty beams :beer:

Mostly the FX-R projectors, Some MiniH1's. Depends on the clients budget really. hidretrofitlights.com things are still be updated/worked on. So dont pay to much attention to the prices. Or facebook.com/HRlights.

Have either you of you done an car, or have an example, with the headlights like on a foxbody? The factory housing is the blurry hard plastic that is suppose to direct the light as it is just an open bulb in the housing. One would have to cut that housing out and glue some kinda clear material in place. What kind of material would be needed? Is there a thick clear plastic at a home improvement store that could work?

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
What do you know about retrofitsource.com?

I want to put a complete HID kit in my sport bike. The one they sell for sport bikes costs $150 for the kit. But I want the fx r kit, which is $300 or so. Everything seems to be the same except for the projector and the cost.

Could I buy the moto kit (150) and the fx r projectors ($150) and pay exactly what I would gave paid for the fx r kit but I'll have extra parts ?
shoot me a PM for SVTp member discounted quote.
Have either you of you done an car, or have an example, with the headlights like on a foxbody? The factory housing is the blurry hard plastic that is suppose to direct the light as it is just an open bulb in the housing. One would have to cut that housing out and glue some kinda clear material in place. What kind of material would be needed? Is there a thick clear plastic at a home improvement store that could work?

youd wanna use polycarbonate, and could probably vacuum form it. PITA to form Poly tho, Ive done acrylic and polystyrene a bunch.

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
Is there any other option for the fog lights?

not an inexpensive option.

Just curious, how hard is it to do a retrofit??? i wouldnt mind trying it as a DIY'er.

Varies, A full size projector like the fx-r into say something like the 99-04s is a bit of a chore. Something bigger like the 2010's is much easier. Heres first retro i did for myself. Im linking this one, as there is more pics then in the thread I have on here: HID projector retro completed

Something like the "Mini" series of projectors from TRS are much easier to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread