WTB 04 Cobra/ready to buy

spincobra03

Established Member
EDIT: PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU WANT TO SELL, THEN WHEN I AM WILLING TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE SALE, YOU DECIDE TO KEEP IT (its happened 4 times already, getting tired of it) Im not mad at those who ive talked too, every seller have been good guys but still, make up your mind, its just a courtesy. Alright so I have been all over the place looking for an 04 with under 20k miles. So far, most of the cars that I have wanted have either been sold or they are 03's. So I decided to make my own thread. I have financing up to 20k but if I can provide proof that these cars are selling for mid to low twenties, I can get more money from the bank. Either way I can put up cash for the difference but I would perfer to finance all of it. So it has to be an 04 with under 15k miles, (might be able to get away with under 25k miles) KB/WHIPPLED perfered but im opened to anything. Colors, TR, Black, silver, CO, DSG No yellow, or mystic. Vert or coupe doesnt matter. It has to be in excellent shape with no paint work!!! I WILL BE PURCHASING ASAP. If I cant get the exact car im looking for, I guess I will get a 2010 gt500 or maybe an 09. If all else fails, I will be forced to go to a C6 corvette :nonono: I hope it doesnt come to that. ;-)

Last edited:

mrpork

Established Member
i have a 04 red vert with a 2.3 whipple and all the supporting mods(plus alot more) if the price is right i will sell it. it has a little over 30,000 on her if that makes that much of a diffrence.

spincobra03

Established Member
i have a 04 red vert with a 2.3 whipple and all the supporting mods(plus alot more) if the price is right i will sell it. it has a little over 30,000 on her if that makes that much of a diffrence.

Hey Mrpork! I remember you from SCMC. How have you been? Im assuming Dan tuned your car? PM your price, if its a good price we can make it happen

TorchedCoupe

Established Member
Just curious.. Why an 04 vs an 03? Neither one rolled off the assembly line with revised heads, so the only difference I can think of is a chrome key lock on the driver's door and dark interior combo?

Goodluck in your search.

spincobra03

Established Member
Just curious.. Why an 04 vs an 03? Neither one rolled off the assembly line with revised heads, so the only difference I can think of is a chrome key lock on the driver's door and dark interior combo?

Goodluck in your search.

My bank wont finance an 03... too old. They are making an exception to go to an 04.

buster1

Established Member
Cobra Heads

I believe there was a head revision in late 03 (november) , then again another one after that so lots of 04 cars did have revised heads although not the latest revision which was early 05 , this info came from SVT tech line .

Goodluck in your search.

mrpork

Established Member
yea its me. im talking to the future trying to convince her to sell it ill talk to you moreo moday.
Hey Mrpork! I remember you from SCMC. How have you been? Im assuming Dan tuned your car? PM your price, if its a good price we can make it happen

mrpork

Established Member
dude im sorry i backed out it's just that i have a lot more into the car than i thought. also my future thinks im crazy to let it go.but i will send any body your way that is selling an 04 cobra.once again im sorry to back out!!!!!!!
EDIT: PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU WANT TO SELL, THEN WHEN I AM WILLING TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE SALE, YOU DECIDE TO KEEP IT (its happened 4 times already, getting tired of it) Im not mad at those who ive talked too, every seller have been good guys but still, make up your mind, its just a courtesy. Alright so I have been all over the place looking for an 04 with under 20k miles. So far, most of the cars that I have wanted have either been sold or they are 03's. So I decided to make my own thread. I have financing up to 20k but if I can provide proof that these cars are selling for mid to low twenties, I can get more money from the bank. Either way I can put up cash for the difference but I would perfer to finance all of it. So it has to be an 04 with under 15k miles, (might be able to get away with under 25k miles) KB/WHIPPLED perfered but im opened to anything. Colors, TR, Black, silver, CO, DSG No yellow, or mystic. Vert or coupe doesnt matter. It has to be in excellent shape with no paint work!!! I WILL BE PURCHASING ASAP. If I cant get the exact car im looking for, I guess I will get a 2010 gt500 or maybe an 09. If all else fails, I will be forced to go to a C6 corvette :nonono: I hope it doesnt come to that. ;-)

spincobra03

Established Member
dude im sorry i backed out it's just that i have a lot more into the car than i thought. also my future thinks im crazy to let it go.but i will send any body your way that is selling an 04 cobra.once again im sorry to back out!!!!!!!

No problem bro, I understand. Its just frustrating getting the hopes up. The car im looking for has been hard to find and everytime I think I have one someone changes their mind. But call asap if you change your mind!!! If you do keep it, call me in the spring and we can head to a car show. If I cant find the right car I will just buy a 2010 shelby :shrug:

mrpork

Established Member
will do. im trying to find the #of a guy i met at a car show that was selling his 04 mystic chrome
No problem bro, I understand. Its just frustrating getting the hopes up. The car im looking for has been hard to find and everytime I think I have one someone changes their mind. But call asap if you change your mind!!! If you do keep it, call me in the spring and we can head to a car show. If I cant find the right car I will just buy a 2010 shelby :shrug:

spincobra03

Established Member
will do. im trying to find the #of a guy i met at a car show that was selling his 04 mystic chrome

Not a huge mystic fan but if the number is right as well as the milage...you never know:beer: I appreciate your help. What if I offered you more deniro!!!!??????? what do you say, Ill drive it home this weekend. Ill come down and shovel the cole out move the car and shovel it back in!!!!!

spincobra03

Established Member
Its not that, it will need to be shipped here,($1000) a stock hood (with a perfect paint job $$$????? and stock chrome rims ($500). Plus when I talked to you, you mentioned that the paint is average, its by no means a show car. That is fine, im just looking for as low mile and mint vehicle as I can get. Im sure your will sell it if you at the very least put the stock chrome rims on. I dont think the hood is a huge deal but I have no doubt if you keep your price where it is and change those rims it would sell. Ill take another look at your thread

dom418

Established Member
I found an Blk and CO 04 on autotrader in IL. both have under 5K miles but are priced in the upper 20's. Not sure if thats too high. I can find the links for you if you want.

spincobra03

Established Member
I found an Blk and CO 04 on autotrader in IL. both have under 5K miles but are priced in the upper 20's. Not sure if thats too high. I can find the links for you if you want.

Thanks, yes ive seen them. I think anything above 25k has to have a kb or whipple, if I recall neither of them did. But I really appreciate the help! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread