WTB Clean low milage Cobra

98rs

Established Member
Like the title says.looking for a clean unmolested Cobra under or around 35-40k miles. Preferably with a stock blower making around 500hp. Looking for a DSG or Silver but will look at any colors. Never wrecked, org motor IRS car. Custom wheels are welcome. Willing to travel. You can Text me at 225-235-7578. Must be clean non smoker clean top to bottom type of car. Thanks.

98rs

Established Member
Wow have made 4 or 5 offers on differnt cars and no one really wants to sell. This is what i have 20k for a clean car no bullshit. I'm not paying 25k to 28k for a 10+ year old car. Just assume pay 30 k for a 2015 when they decide to deal on the new ones. I guess no one relizes that the price is going to drop even more when the 2015 come out. Ok done with rant lol.

dom418

Established Member
Wow have made 4 or 5 offers on differnt cars and no one really wants to sell. This is what i have 20k for a clean car no bullshit. I'm not paying 25k to 28k for a 10+ year old car. Just assume pay 30 k for a 2015 when they decide to deal on the new ones. I guess no one relizes that the price is going to drop even more when the 2015 come out. Ok done with rant lol.

Well if you want a clean, unmolested Terminator, they are getting harder to find. You may have to increase your budget by a couple of grand. BTW the "but they are 10 years old" argument does not apply to this car, they are more popular than ever and have always held there values very well. The 15' will not impact the cobra values, sorry man won't happen.

Buy the 15 and loose your arse when it's time to sell. It's not a special car.

98rs

Established Member
Yeah that didn't take long lol. I knew someone would chime in on that lmfao. Any way. Ive got real money. Just baffles me is all I'm saying lol

dom418

Established Member
Yeah that didn't take long lol. I knew someone would chime in on that lmfao. Any way. Ive got real money. Just baffles me is all I'm saying lol

I think for $22k you should be able to get what your looking for. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of people on crack with their asking prices, but that's not always the case. Fall is coming so be patient.

98rs

Established Member
I think for $22k you should be able to get what your looking for. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of people on crack with their asking prices, but that's not always the case. Fall is coming so be patient.

Thanks man I plan on holding out. Just talked to a friend and he selling his 11gt California special making 540hp 36k miles for 25k. May go that route since I can find anyone wanting to deal.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

I've been reading that for as long as I've been a member here. The first one set to knock the terminators down in half was the gt500 in '07....then the 5.0s in '11....gt500 again in '13....now it's the '15's turn

Lol

98rs

Established Member
I think I'm just going to say **** it and hold out for a new 15. and besides popular belief all cars decrease in value.

ace23

Established Member
I know you know this but just realize you are looking for a 10-11 year old car that by all accounts has been heavily modded and tremendously beaten on. There is a reason when you are driving around you don't hardly see the these cars anymore that are in good shape. When I was looking I was finding tons of cars for 22K that were called "Clean" and "Well Cared" for. Every single car was half ass modded or some goof ball story behind it, had worn out seats, a ragged interior, loose door panels from the 10 different radio system that were put in it ect. If you really want a Terminator buy one that is as clean as you can live with. I couldn't have taken 10K and made any of those 22K cars anywhere as close to a solid as the one I bought......so if its what you want who cares if you pay an extra 3-6K. There is a reason the super clean terminators always have buyers. If you buy an immaculate care with solid mods I don't see why you can't get a cream of the crop Terminator for under 28K. The newer technology in the cars is great......but they aren't a Terminator and aren't going to hold their value for shit. Then again its not about value its about enjoying what you buy...good luck

98rs

Established Member
I know you know this but just realize you are looking for a 10-11 year old car that by all accounts has been heavily modded and tremendously beaten on. There is a reason when you are driving around you don't hardly see the these cars anymore that are in good shape. When I was looking I was finding tons of cars for 22K that were called "Clean" and "Well Cared" for. Every single car was half ass modded or some goof ball story behind it, had worn out seats, a ragged interior, loose door panels from the 10 different radio system that were put in it ect. If you really want a Terminator buy one that is as clean as you can live with. I couldn't have taken 10K and made any of those 22K cars anywhere as close to a solid as the one I bought......so if its what you want who cares if you pay an extra 3-6K. There is a reason the super clean terminators always have buyers. If you buy an immaculate care with solid mods I don't see why you can't get a cream of the crop Terminator for under 28K. The newer technology in the cars is great......but they aren't a Terminator and aren't going to hold their value for shit. Then again its not about value its about enjoying what you buy...good luck

yeah i kinda agree. But i would just assume spend that kind of money on a new 15. But it will take a year or so for the price to come down. Guess i will have to be wait a wile.

MeanO3

Established Member
My car is relatively stock just short shifter, header back exhaust, cut springs, tint, front badge, short antenna, and 2 rear deep dish cobra wheels. Still have stock rears. Located in Philly its an 03 40xxx miles and torch red. Makes 383 or 393 at the wheels cant remember. I have a sheet for it at 100 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread